Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
xsivtork
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this intermittent no start condition with my truck for about 6 months now... Dealer cant find out what it is and neither can i...On damp or really cold days, it will not crank over...You have to try like ten times to get it to crank....Once it cranks, it will fire...

There are also days when it seems to be only cranking on one battery. Ive checked and replaced the batteries and they both seem to be connected and working? I have never had a chance to check them when the truck is acting up.

What can it be? Its driving me insane. So much so that i want to sell the truck. I need help... Any idea's

·
Registered
506 Posts
just my .02 but sounds to me like bad starter does it click or anythin when u turn the key sounds to me like the starters f'd up check the wires to it make sure there not lose

·
Registered
103 Posts
sounds like one of two possibilities. 1:you have a bad solenoid on your starter or 2:you have a bad starter relay that is not making a good connection when its cold

·
xsivtork
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

starter wires are good. Starter was replaced twice by dealer, just in case(under warranty) it will try to turn over but it will only try for a split second. then you try again and same thing happens. Other times it turns really slow.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Have you scanned for codes yourself? maybe a glowplug or a glowplug relay code?

Sometimes the dealer misses alot of clues.

·
xsivtork
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has no codes. And its not a hard start, its a no start. Like i said, it tries to turn over for like one second and then stops, then if you try again it will do the same thing. It does it a few times then finally cranks over and fires. It acts lika bad started or ground...I keep thinking ground problem, because when it happens i also lose the memories in the radio, seats, and heater......its really starting to get me mad....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts