Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had to send my edge in today because everytime i turned the the truck off the egt alarm would chime and other times the speed alert and engine temp alert would chime as well i called edge and they told me that something was shorting out in the module so if anybodys does this send it in fast!!
Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used the Edge with attitude for about a year or so on my 02. I had to return it four times because it would shut my truck down on deceleration sometimes. Usually while towing about 17k. SUCKS! I finally got a refund and went with the Bully Dog programmer and Outlook display. Not real impressed with this one either. The truck is great though. 252k miles...so far.
Marty

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
EDge makes some real good pruducts but there quality control dept sucks, but on the other hand there customer service dept is great with fixing the quality control issues!!!!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I used the Edge with attitude for about a year or so on my 02. I had to return it four times because it would shut my truck down on deceleration sometimes. Usually while towing about 17k. SUCKS! I finally got a refund and went with the Bully Dog programmer and Outlook display. Not real impressed with this one either. The truck is great though. 252k miles...so far.
Marty
hate to say but there is a reson why i got rid of my bully dog products and switch to the ppe products..

·
Registered
121 Posts
whoa... glad i not planning to get the edge programmer no more. i dont know if you guys noticed this, but how come PPE programmers are never advertised in magazines? i have Diesel World and the other day browsed through the Diesel Power and didnt see any PPE at all! and another thing for anybody running PPE, how much hp do you really get? 350 on level 6 sounds skeptical. even 300 on level 5? i was planning on edge but now it on predator or PPE.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
From their site, $479-949 depending on which version you get for programming. The one with 6 power levels is $949. You might be able to find them cheaper, but that is taken directly off their site. EFI live is another option if you like to tinker with things. 05_LLY has more information on EFI live since he has been using it. Obviously, when adding a lot of power, your tranny and TC will give up before the engine will. So, be prepare to upgrade the tranny too. Adding power is addicting and expensive.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
whoa... glad i not planning to get the edge programmer no more. i dont know if you guys noticed this, but how come PPE programmers are never advertised in magazines? i have Diesel World and the other day browsed through the Diesel Power and didnt see any PPE at all! and another thing for anybody running PPE, how much hp do you really get? 350 on level 6 sounds skeptical. even 300 on level 5? i was planning on edge but now it on predator or PPE.
PPE runs full page adds in Diesel Power Mag!!!!

PPE rates all there tuners AS flywheel HP where most other companys use RWHP gains. Most claimed gains are close to what the MFG says, i found the predator is kind of consevative on ratings. TO get the full potential of a PPE hot ET it requires a few other mods to the truck!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bully Dog states "230 HP/470lbs.tq. on level 4 on top of factory HP. Well mine didnt get it !!! Having the BD made a difference but not that much.
Are there any shops in the Lexington KY. area that specialize in building the Allison?

·
Registered
121 Posts
PPE runs full page adds in Diesel Power Mag!!!!

PPE rates all there tuners AS flywheel HP where most other companys use RWHP gains. Most claimed gains are close to what the MFG says, i found the predator is kind of consevative on ratings. TO get the full potential of a PPE hot ET it requires a few other mods to the truck!!!
o my bad. like i said, i was browseing through it quickly at walmart, didnt find PPE, but have a subscription for diesel world mags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts