Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Silverado LTZ LML
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my first long distance camping trip. Traveled from the Detroit area to Navarre Beach FL. Normally we camp within a few hours, but the Mrs, has been wanting to get to the ocean. (Yes, I'm crazy for trying this with a 2 year old and a 9 month old) The LML ran great! I pulled down straight through the night hoping to let the kids sleep through most of it. Took about 15.5 hours. I work swing shift and was coming off of nights so it worked out perfect for towing all night. At some point, I lost the trailer running lights which turned out to just be a fuse on the truck. We stayed at Navarre Beach RV Resort. Campground was quiet and clean, but I can't say I would stay there again unless we could get the same site. All of the other sites were really tight... Like awning touching slide out tight.. The campground is situated right on the Santa Rosa Sound which ended up being perfect for the kids. The private beach was nice. Never really had any wind to speak of and the water was shallow with no waves. Kids had a great time splashing around. The baby and the dirty one with the worm are mine! lol The trip back went a little slower since we drove during the day, but wasn't too bad. Ended up stopping in Bowling Green KY on the way back to break it up a little bit. After fighting rush hour in Nashville I was ready for a break anyway. The trip back was entirely uneventful with the exception of the occasional screaming kid. All-in-all it was a great trip and I definitely recommend the area!
Sky Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant Sky Water Table Outdoor bench Sky Daytime Plant Nature People in nature Face Hand Shoe Arm Photograph

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Sounds like an awesome trip! Having the little ones def add to the adventure but makes its 30x better. Theres an ice cubes chance in hell that ill be able to get my 2.5 year old son to ever make a trip like that. He can't even last the 1hr15 to my MIL house.

One day it is a serious goal of mine to make it happen with my L5P. God bless brother

·
Registered
2016 Silverado LTZ LML
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were definitely worried. Overnight was the way to go for sure! We try to limit screen time, but had to break down and give her the tablet on the way back. She is 100mph all the time so being locked in the car seat for 7 hours was tough, but not as tough as getting her back into it when we took breaks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts