Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been having a problem with my Duramax bleeding the fuel back off and loosing pressure . Witch is causing hard starting. I changed the filter housing and still have the same problem , does anyone know if there is a check valve on the fuel line?

Thanks for all your help she in the hands off the stealer now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 57,000. I clamped the fuel line after the fuel filter and pumped up the primer button and it still lost pressure so that should rule out the injectors I hope. Do you know if there is a check valve before the fuel filter besides what is in the housing?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I don't believe there are any check valves. Make sure your fuel filter is tight. I had one back off after having it on the truck for about 2000 miles. I can't explain it. You might want to check your primer pump...I believe there are 2 o-rings on there that could allow air in along with the bleeder screw. Make sure it isn't cracked or the o-ring isn't bad. Although, you can never rule out injectors unless you capped the line going to the injectors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oil Level

A FRIEND OF MINE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, CHECK YOUR OIL LEVEL TO SEE IF IT IS OVER FULL. HIS INJECTORS WERE DUMPING WAY TO MUCH FUEL CAUSING HARD STARTING AND LOSS OF POWER. HIS OIL LEVEL WAS ABOUT 4 QUARTS OVER FUEL. :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All that has been checked,I am not getting air in the system it is just back feeding the fuel back to the tank....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem when my 1988 Suburban with a 6.2 sits overnight. I am going to be installing an electric fuel pump inline with a switch so I can build up fuel supply without cranking it. Will let you know how this works out.

hottrodscars - - Rockford, IL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts