Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey any of you had any problems with this? I got this truck and didnt pay any attention because when i drove it it was snowing and raining at the same time. Now when I get it and look real good it has hard water spots on the glass. Whats the best way to get this chit off my glass? I have already tried 0000 steel wool and light compound, Magic Eraser, Clay Bar, Vineger. Any more ideas? Im getting my windows tinted Sat and I know it will show up big time when I do that so im trying to get rid of it ASAP.

·
Registered
108 Posts
try washing it?
and it BF goodrich not BF good wrench

·
Registered
695 Posts
give oxy clean a try or a very mild abrasive tub & shower cleaner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive had some luck with anti-mineral agents (CLR) used to remove same in bathrooms/shower doors etc.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Clr works but you still gotta scrub the living shit outta it. And I don't trust that stuff anywhere near paint

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whink Rust Stain Remover will take the spots right off with no work at all. When you apply it to your window it will strart to smoke a little, keep wiping and applying, the stains will come right out. After you finished windex your window and everyone will want windows like yours, but keep the secret to your self.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Whink Rust Stain Remover will take the spots right off with no work at all. When you apply it to your window it will strart to smoke a little, keep wiping and applying, the stains will come right out. After you finished windex your window and everyone will want windows like yours, but keep the secret to your self.
That would make me a little nervous

·
Registered
97 Posts
Steel wool and abrasives are not the answer. Aside from adding miniscule scratches, they wear down the surrounding substrate as you grind away at the offending buildup. You are left with tiny "islands" in the surface. Clay bar and lube is a much safer alternative. If you want something in a bottle, Lime Away bathroom cleaner works very well on water spots. Acidic like vinegar but much stronger. I have been using it on all my cars and boats for years.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have used strait vineger and let it soak for a while with a wet clothe over it. works well and makes the windows sparkle. won't hurt the paint or anything else. a lot of the other cleaners have abrasives and stronger acids. Look up how to clean a coffee pot to remove lime buildup and most will say viniger.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally found a soltion from the local detail shop and I made him let me try it before i buy it and it works GREAT!! Here it is MPI - WATER SPOT REMOVER

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks like expensive gravel with vinegar, lime away and lemon juice.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.