Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here, I just bought my first duramax a couple weeks ago, ive always been a cummins guy but thought it was time to give the gm camp a go. I love the truck the way it runs rides drives. been having one small problem though check engine light came on last week, took it in to gm they did a recall that was out on the truck and said thats what led to the light coming on in the first place. So i get about 15 miles down the road stop and fill up start the truck back up check engine light comes back on. There isnt any power reduction or anything the truck still runs fine but the code has to do with the EGR and i was wondering if anyone else has had a nagging problem like this out of the 2011 i mean you dont expect to be taking your truck in 2 weeks after you bought it. thanks for the help

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well fortunately for you it is still under warranty an will be no out of pocket expenses, but it is frustrating, Not real familiar with the 2011's yet. What is the code #? :bump: for ya, it is still pretty early in the morning out west.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Doesn't sound like a commonly reported problem. Get it back on the dealers scan tool and let us know what you find.

It likely won't make you feel better, but for any machine (or vehicle) the probability of having a failure (or 'breakdown') is high during a short initial operation (shakedown or break-in period) and then is low during the lifetime of the unit and then rises during old age.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't sound like a commonly reported problem. Get it back on the dealers scan tool and let us know what you find.

It likely won't make you feel better, but for any machine (or vehicle) the probability of having a failure (or 'breakdown') is high during a short initial operation (shakedown or break-in period) and then is low during the lifetime of the unit and then rises during old age.
Well what i have gathered from the service dept. is the censor thats controls the EGR was only operating in the 47-53% range it wouldnt open any higher or close any less. they said its not something they have seen so that figures thats usually how my luck rolls...they have had the truck for 3 days so either there real busy, real slow, or i dunno wouldnt think a censor would be a three day job but oh well

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check with On Star

I had a check engine light on my 2011 Dmax before I pulled out of the dealership. The truck would not shift into high gear. I called On Star and they diagnosed the problem while I was on the road. The dealer fixed it according to their diagnosis. I was impressed.

George

1 - 7 of 7 Posts