Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new set of 18" denali rims and i need to order new tires but im not sure what size to get..... i was thinking 295/65/18 but im not sure what would be best. Im purchasing the cognito leving kit and want to put the biggest tire possible but with no issues of rubbing and whatnot. :thumb

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I put LT285/65r18 BFG AT KO's. Stock height, no rub.

·
Registered
167 Posts
295/65-18 are actualy only 1/2 taller than stock. you can easily fit 295/70-18 on stock rims with a leveling kit. I have them on mine and I'm running a zero offset only had to do very minor trimming. Stock rims are like +30 something offset so you might not even need to trim. Hear is a page so you can compair sizes. Tire size calculator

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm ordering the cognino UCA's fox shock and pitman/idler arm braces before I do the tires. I was thinking of going with a 33"x11.5. Is that smaller or larger than a 295/70/18?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
167 Posts
That is smaller. 295/70 come out to 34.5. I don't have the braces. Do the make much of a difference in handling?

·
Registered
167 Posts
here is mine. the rims are 18" tires are 295/70-18's with level keys and shock extenders

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks sick!! I haven't done the braces yet so I don't know how much of a difference they will make. There more so you don't wear the idler arm and pitman arm out. I can't find any brands that make that size tire, what kind are they??

·
Registered
167 Posts
They are nitro Tera grappler's they also make them in the trail grappler but those are more of a MT and I wanted an AT.

·
Registered
772 Posts
hey op you best have some picts up when you get them :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put LT285/65r18 BFG AT KO's. Stock height, no rub.

Do you know if those rims are bare polished aluminum or are they clear coated??

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I think just polished aluminum, have not looked real close but i doubt they are clear coated. Stock GM rims though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do you know if those rims are bare polished aluminum or are they clear coated??

They are clear coated. For longevity.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are clear coated. For longevity.
I would assume they are, but up close they dont look like they are.... I'm gonna take some polish to them tomorrow and see if it comes off clean or dirty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rims are definitely clear coated....just tested em out with some mothers polish and the rag stayed clean. Im pumped cause now i dont have to worry about running them in the snow :thumb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts