Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have final made up my mind on what exhaust i want (finally tax return time). I am looking at Diamond Eye T409 Ss 5" down-pipe back straight pipe exhaust. Now i was reading about DPF and i was wondering where are they located on my truck? I then was told 2 different stories; first story the guy told me it was illegal to take it out and would not show me, and the second story is another guy told me my LBZ doesn't have one, they started putting them on all 2007 diesels and up. Anyone know the truth if my truck does have one? Also if i put in that exhaust i am looking at buying will i have any codes pop up?

·
Registered
209 Posts
You don't have one. You do have a catalytic converter however. From what I understand some throw codes if you remove them and some don't. It is however technically illegal to remove it. DPF are on 2007.5 and newer (LMM & LML).

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
just done my exhaust, new downpipe and turbo back, all straight piped no cat no muffler, no check engine codes. it is illegal to remove emission equipment such as catylitic converters and egr's. but if you dont have emission tests to pass where you live shouldnt be a problem. just keep your cat, its worth $$$

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. Bamawhitler was replacing the down pipe a real challenge? I would like to do that as well but didn't know how difficult it would be. It just looks really tight.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
downpipe really was a pain, just takes time. it is a tight fit, but more hp is worth time, the stocker is soooo restrictive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts