Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck is white and i have noticed that i have little speckles of rust all over it but it starts after the front tires like i ran into some water and got road spray or something i dont know what it is...the painted plastic fender flares have it on them too ? has anyone heard of this or had it happen to them ??? any help ?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Its from the brakes and rail cars. Clay bar the truck it'll look good as new.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank guys I was worried as shit like my stomach dropped

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I thought the same thing when I saw the rust on my then new 2002 truck that I bought in Westbrook, Maine. The same thing happened to my old truck, the clay bar worked great and removed all the brake dust from the rail car. Just a little elbow grease and looked better than new.... the picture is of my old truck (now belongs to someone else)

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Mine was the same way, claybar fixed it now I just noticed its back... Guess I should wax more often.

·
Registered
21,135 Posts
Its from the brakes and rail cars. Clay bar the truck it'll look good as new.
Agreed 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just clay barred mine in the fall and followed with a heavy coat of wax and I can see the speckles of rust coming back. I guess ill be doing it again when the weather breaks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Noticed the same on mine recently and started getting worried almost called the dealer for a new paint job but hopefully it gets warm out soon and I can claybar it was also wondering if you do that aren't u just rubbing the metal particles deeper into the paint to make it eventually worse:/

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Not from my experience, started out with a yellow clay bar and it was black from the brake dust when I was done....I could see the smooth paint when looking from an angle, there were no pits in the paint it was just baked on brake dust that had settled on my hood and roof mainly. They work great for removing hard water spots too

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah we'll I am going to try the clay bar

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts