Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a squeal that sounds like a turkey call i dont know where it is coming from..........has anyone heard of something like this ? i put it up on jack stands and let in roll in drive in the garage and no noise i guess it needs weight on it and it only happens at lower speed from 5-15 mph ?:help

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
127 Posts
Belt looks good? Tensioner pulley look straight? About the only other thing I could think that would make that noise would be u joint?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea not a belt sqeaaak i dont think but u think a u joint??

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
Yeah u joint most likely. How many miles on your truck?

Does your transfer case have fluid in it? (I would have thought you would have seen it while on jackstands though)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same issue in my extended cab silverado and I eventually found out the sound was coming from the rear door hinge. I dont know if this is your problem, but it might be something to look at

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
while i am moving tho ^^^^

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
does it matter if you're turning at all? checked the wheel bearings by chance? They may be reacting to the 35's finally. just a thought since they like to whine. but i'd check ujoints first

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, it only did it when I was moving slow. It did not bother if I was going much over 20 and it didnt even bother when I opened and closed the door, but it would make a sound like a turkey call, like you decribed if I would hit the slightest bump at low speeds. I forgot because it happened so long ago, but it was not actually the hinge. It was one of the clips that held the inner door panel on. It took forever to find because it sounded like the noise was coming from the outside of the truck. Maybe try having someone else drive the truck while you ride in the back. That is when I found it on my truck, I held pressure against the panel and it would stop until I let the pressure off. I have never heard of this problem before and I have no clue if this has anything to do with your issue, just thought it might be something to look into.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If the noise starts while you are rolling around 1300 rpm's, check the triangle looking bracket where the turbo down pipe and the exhaust clamp meet. Mine was cracked and only made the noise at that rpm range.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the noise starts while you are rolling around 1300 rpm's, check the triangle looking bracket where the turbo down pipe and the exhaust clamp meet. Mine was cracked and only made the noise at that rpm range.
what was cracked ?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does it matter if you're turning at all? checked the wheel bearings by chance? They may be reacting to the 35's finally. just a thought since they like to whine. but i'd check ujoints first
i just put that lift on with a new front drivline ...and a new rear u joing the one that touches the diff all the other were good .... damn and it only does it every now and then its not constant and i checked the bearings for play and nothing ????? i dont no and it is not the door but thanks for the idea

this blows it just started the other night i had it at 115 mph and then it started to make that noise when i was slowing down coming into town at about 25 -20 mph wtf

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
U-joints are worn, inspect them for metal dust, it is usually brown or red. Replace with nongreaseable units.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It could be a ball joint or shock busings wearing out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts