Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats white when running lights are on, and brighter white when the brakes/turn signal are on?

I want to replace my rear tail light bulbs with LEDs, and my housings are all red.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
White LEDs inside a red enclosure may not give the best performance. Usually you want the same color LEDs as your housing.

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Usually you want the same color led for the lense it will be behind. If its clear then white will work. But if it is amber or red you want the same color bulb.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
We have Red LED replacements for your tail lights that will be considerably brighter than stock.

As a rule of thumb, you'll always want to match the color of the lens with the color of the bulb you install. A white bulb in a red lens, will make the housing appear pink

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have Red LED replacements for your tail lights that will be considerably brighter than stock.

As a rule of thumb, you'll always want to match the color of the lens with the color of the bulb you install. A white bulb in a red lens, will make the housing appear pink

Nick C.
Are they switchback or flashing?

·
Supporting Vendors
667 Posts
Are they switchback or flashing?
I'm not sure what you are asking

"switchback" is a specific type of turn signal LED that stays white for the running light portion of the bulb and flashes amber when the turn signal is activated

We also have single color replacement LEDs for the turn signals that will function the same as your factory bulb, only considerably brighter with the instant on/off look of LED.

If you would like to learn about lighting technology, I encourage you to visit our research page here: Research

Thanks,
Nick C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts