Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer said "Hemeraging fuel #5 injector" replaced injector. Won't start, no smoke good fuel, primed, drained, primed, bleed, primed.
Solid mechanic no good with the computer stuff.

01 2500HD 4dr 4x4 280,000 miles unknown history. Fleet auction.

· Registered
6,033 Posts
Need some more info

Bleed at the fuel filter?

How long are you cranking after you get good fuel "no bubbles"?

Has it tried to fire?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just replaced the one. $ are tight right now.
Cranked 2 to 3 min 5 to 6 times. Almost tried starting fluid just to see if it will fire but don't want it to blow up like the powerstokes do.

· Registered
6,033 Posts
can get one from schucks. 60mile drive, how do they hook up? Any sugestions? Thanks
PM
I don't see one of there code readers logging your fuel pressure.

Did you make sure that no rust fell in the high pressure inlets of the injectors "feed lines". I know both times I did injectors, rust came off the lines and filled the holes in the injectors.

Also "not being rude" but are you bleeding it at the fuel filter housing?

The next thing to look at is all the connections again "specially the FICM, and injector's". Also make sure the you did not pop a fuse, in the under hood fuse box.

Are you sure you have the fuel hoses running correctly from the fuel filter?

· Registered
674 Posts
Bump for you....no idea.

Good Luck.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did not run before injector replacement.
Bleed fuel at filter and at schrader valve.
Everthing is back in origional place, got to love digital cameras.
what fuse would it be under the hood?
A buddy said there is a way to "Flash" the codes using the check engine light. Anyone know how to do that?:confused:
PM

· Registered
6,033 Posts
what fuse would it be under the hood?
A buddy said there is a way to "Flash" the codes using the check engine light. Anyone know how to do that?:confused:
PM
I would say any fuse at this point should not be blown.

So you say it was not running before injector replacement?
I have had bad injectors "+7 in park on more than 1 injector, and 5gallons of fuel in my oil", and it still ran:confused:

As far as codes, as far as I know you can not jump a wire like you could the older vehicles.

Who diagnosed that the injector was bad and causing the problem of not starting?

Also do you have a printout from them, or at least info "command fuel pressure/Balance rates/Return rates"!

Need alot more info to help diagnose this one.:cool:

· Quicker Then Brian!
12,722 Posts
Has run fine 4 2 or 3 years. Parked for 10 days, no fire. High fuel pressure input? 110 lb. Any one?
fuel rail pressure is 110lbs? there is no conventional fuel pressure on a duramax. if you got that reading from a schrater valve your probably reading AC pressure

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The box on the left side valve cover, 2 heavy wire looms.
code raeder said 110 lb. on fuel rail pressure. I don't have the plumbing to check the schrader mechanicaly. No AC. Afterall its Alaska.
could it be the cranck position senser? How 2 diag. that? Where is the silly thing?

· Quicker Then Brian!
12,722 Posts
The box on the left side valve cover, 2 heavy wire looms.
code raeder said 110 lb. on fuel rail pressure. I don't have the plumbing to check the schrader mechanicaly. No AC. Afterall its Alaska.
could it be the cranck position senser? How 2 diag. that? Where is the silly thing?

110psi fuel rail pressure is nowhere near enough to fire the motor if that number is in fact correct. There is no schrader valve to manually check fuel pressure. That truck can build in excess of 23000psi of rail pressure

cranking pressure has to be at least 1500 iirc for the injectors to fire

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.