Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been having a few issues for unknown reasons. I've had the truck parked for about 5 months now. I was having the typical issue with number 2 and 7 injectors not responding so I did the ice pick trick on it and it fixed it but on occasions it will still start running like shit. So I will take a pick a redo them and re prime it and it will run just fine. Also replaced the filter and done a filter head rebuild. So my question is would it be better to buy new connectors and solder them on? I took it to ky buddy's shop cause I didn't have time to fool with it between spending time with my family , working on my mustang, and working 12hr days. Anyways he said it has some wiring problems which I already knew. I checked the harness beside the alternator and it looked fine but I didn't remove the wire loom and inspect them to good. Also having a knocking noise coming from the transmission (6 speed). it vibrates pretty bad at idle but smooths out once you get going. I was told it has a two piece flywheel and it's unbalanced, not to sure on that one though. If that was the case it seems like it would do it all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Get whole new injector wiring harness

Reactions: Bigfatcha

·
Registered
626 Posts
This seems to be a good option for the money in my opinion:

BT DieselWorks - 2004.5+ Duramax LLY/LBZ/LMM injector harness repair kit

As far as the vibration and noise I would all but guarantee your two piece flywheel is coming apart. I would replace it with a single mass flywheel clutch kit. I"m partial to South Bend Clutch, but I don't own any stock in them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This seems to be a good option for the money in my opinion:

BT DieselWorks - 2004.5+ Duramax LLY/LBZ/LMM injector harness repair kit

As far as the vibration and noise I would all but guarantee your two piece flywheel is coming apart. I would replace it with a single mass flywheel clutch kit. I"m partial to South Bend Clutch, but I don't own any stock in them.
I went ahead and bought some connectors I found in a thread another guy used. I'm just looking for a good replacement clutch. Don't do much towing with it or plan on building it. Already have one money pit I'm dumping money into for go fast parts :lol. Really don't have any need for a diesel but what I bought the truck for I couldn't even buy a gas job.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I went ahead and bought some connectors I found in a thread another guy used. I'm just looking for a good replacement clutch. Don't do much towing with it or plan on building it. Already have one money pit I'm dumping money into for go fast parts :lol. Really don't have any need for a diesel but what I bought the truck for I couldn't even buy a gas job.
I hear you. Keep in mind the dual mass flywheel has been known to fail repeatedly in short time. It may last for a good while if you never add ANY power and are pretty easy on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well have a minor update. Someone has already spliced new connectors on 2 and 7. They done a good job of covering the wires. I'll go ahead and replace them since already bought the connectors. What are the chances of those failing also? The truck has a 130k miles. Also today it start smoking pretty bad when I pulled it in the shop. Don't understand how it would all of a sudden start smoking like that. I haven't started it but maybe 6 or 7 times in the past 6 months. I just let it idle for a little while each time. I took it down the road before I pulled it in and it drove just fine and didn't go into limp mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.