Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 LTZ 4WD- efi live by Gordon, 5in exhaust, fans 150, 35s, RC lift kit
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2011 silverado 2500 and I'm trying to install fox shocks to replace my old rough country lift. But the bumpstop extensions I think is not letting me get bottom shock bolt in the factory location or in the old location of rough country shocks. Any ideas how to do it correctly. Thanks
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 LTZ 4WD- efi live by Gordon, 5in exhaust, fans 150, 35s, RC lift kit
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The bottom bolt that is in is where the rough country shock used to be but the bolt is only halfway threw the nut. And when I watch videos people are using that bottom bolt that's being used for that bump stop thing. Any ideas thanks.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You are using the wrong type of shock on that bump stop extension, you need a eyering mount shock and it would go between the tabs of the bump stop extension. Similar to how the rear shocks mount.

The mount on the Fox shock is for the factory location.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I'll let the company know

·
Registered
482 Posts
Not a proble, you can go to rough country’s website and look at the instructions to for their lift and they show the correct style shock required with the bump stop extensions

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shocksurplus.com just told me that I had the right shocks but I feel like that's not correct after I sent them the pictures. The factory bolt only goes halfway to threw the nut. If I run it like that with a longer bolt on bottom would it work fine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn’t do that, get the correct shock mount for your application. Tell them they need to send you the correct shock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good thanks

·
Registered
2011 Crew Cab 4x4 dullie LTZ
52 Posts
Does the bottom mounting bracket have to be changed to match manufacturers shock to work? Looks like it may be after market bracket that will not work with another after market shock, just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have seen of fox shocks offering different mounting options - maybe its interchangeable?

Can you flip the shock over? Would it work the other way around? (Bottom to top) ? Are you putting the correct shock on the front instead of the rear?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have seen of fox shocks offering different mounting options - maybe its interchangeable?

Can you flip the shock over? Would it work the other way around? (Bottom to top) ? Are you putting the correct shock on the front instead of the rear?
The website I bought them threw doesn't offer a fox shock with eye mount on bottom and the top mount for gm. But they are willing to refund part of the order and just go with rough country and make sure they work. Sucks because this is also our work truck so everyday is a pain. For the shock placement the boxes are labeled 🏷 😀

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does the bottom mounting bracket have to be changed to match manufacturers shock to work? Looks like it may be after market bracket that will not work with another after market shock, just my two cents.
That's what's starting to look like which sucks that you can't go a different route

·
Registered
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
1,774 Posts
I wouldn’t waste your time with the rough country junk. They are the worst. Tossed mine after a month.

Order a set of bilstien shocks and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bsimster
1 - 13 of 13 Posts