Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I'm having trouble deciding so I'm coming to the experts here!

I'm getting my LBZ Crew Cab re-tinted. The rear 3 are the factory privacy glass and the fronts were matched with 20%.

I want darker, so I think I'm gonna go 5 on the front two but for the rears....my tint shop only has 15 and 35 as options to go over the rear.
He is saying that the 35 over will yield close to the 5% but not quite.

The 15 over will come out to around 3ish%?

Which route should I take? Would it really make that much difference between the two visibility wise?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would do 5% on rear windows but since that isn’t one of the choices you suggested, I’d say 15% on the rears. A little darker on the rear looks fine but darker front windows doesn’t look good to me.

I did 5% on my rears as we take long camping trips and I wanted to keep as much sun as possible off my young kids in the back. As far as outward visibility I have no issues...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would do 5% on rear windows but since that isn’t one of the choices you suggested, I’d say 15% on the rears. A little darker on the rear looks fine but darker front windows doesn’t look good to me.

I did 5% on my rears as we take long camping trips and I wanted to keep as much sun as possible off my young kids in the back. As far as outward visibility I have no issues...
Awesome! That's good to know as we have been contemplating a camper and definitely don't want to affect visibility especially at night like I have heard from "rumors" of dark windows...

·
Registered
634 Posts
With my 5% I did loose some rear visibility at night but when I backup my camper I use my side mirrors and if need be can roll the windows down. Nothing to see out the back window except the camper lol...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your help with that I really appreciate it! And I get that completely, I don't have a backup camera installed...yet! I have one I have just been too lazy to run the wires. So I'm thinking the 15 over should be the way to go and will match up good with the 5 on the fronts. That should be a good in-between for dark enough to not see in (ie theives and UV Ray's lol) but still manageable to see out of for reversing and towing in the dark.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Not sure what the law is in your area but you might want to check into it. Many states and localities regulate window tinting and are pretty serious about it. I drove a neighbor to traffic court awhile back and there were three different cases where the owner had been ticketed and the vehicle license plates impounded so the vehicle had to be towed. They also required professional removal of the tint and they had to go to court to be able to put their vehicles back on the road. Might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I will definitely check into that for sure. Definitely wouldn't want all that to go down, doesn't sound too fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts