Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody give me info, thoughts, or reviews on KRYPTONITE DEATH GRIP TIE RODS vs DMAX XD TIE RODS??? I was at the race track the other night (Test & Tune) to watch two buddies race their cars and some how I got roped into running my truck, 1st run in 2wd I spun 1/4 way down track but and still ended up 98 MPH. So now I'm interested in what it would do if it actually hooked up, So I tried 4wd and everything was great, actually I was beside a car that runs a 12.5 and I was ahead of him til a little over 60' then all hell broke loose steering wheel went nuts so I left off. Ended up breaking idler arm, video show front wheels twerking in & out. I'm upper grading the idler arm and maybe added the pitman/idler arm support kit. I'm debating on just keeping my tie rod sleeves or up grading to HD Tie Rods (DMAX XD or KRYPTONITE DEATH GRIP) anyone with experience with either one of these would be great.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have the DMAX store tie rods and have done some boosted launches and haven't had any problems. I also have cognito Pisk kit (pitman & idler arm support brackets). The DMAX store ones are pretty stout and i cant see having any issues with them. The warranty with Kryptonite is hella nice but it comes with a price compared to the DMAX store rods. I aint going to be launching my truck all the time or going to the strip regularly so i i figured id be just fine with DMAX store ones.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
My truck made over 700 hp and all I had was sleeves and a dhd centerlink brace for awhile. Then upgraded to the kryptonite tie rods. Would have kept the sleeves but apparently not a single company makes lml sleeves to fit moog extreme dutys..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I talk to a Dmax guy last night and said the same thing about sleeves work just fine, I also talked to someone @ Dmax Store and they told me the Dmax tie rod are only 3 yr warranty for $200, I can get new HD moog tie rods LT warranty for an extra $23 here local and just use my sleeves so most likely going to go that route. Also going to order the Pisk kit (pitman & idler arm support brackets) hopefully that will work.
Thanks a lot for the info greatly appreciated

·
Registered
486 Posts
My truck made over 700 hp and all I had was sleeves and a dhd centerlink brace for awhile. Then upgraded to the kryptonite tie rods. Would have kept the sleeves but apparently not a single company makes lml sleeves to fit moog extreme dutys..
when I worked at a machine shop,I reamed mine out to fit the moogs.I'd find a local shop.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
2 local ones acted like I was asking them to attach my tie rods with paper clips'dunno;

·
Registered
486 Posts
2 local ones acted like I was asking them to attach my tie rods with paper clips'dunno;
that sucks.
do you know what the bore needs to be and what the Id is of the sleeve?

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
No I dont. Not sure if I have stock dmax tierods or sleeves at in my shop either.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Actually I talk to a Dmax guy last night and said the same thing about sleeves work just fine, I also talked to someone @ Dmax Store and they told me the Dmax tie rod are only 3 yr warranty for $200, I can get new HD moog tie rods LT warranty for an extra $23 here local and just use my sleeves so most likely going to go that route. Also going to order the Pisk kit (pitman & idler arm support brackets) hopefully that will work.
Thanks a lot for the info greatly appreciated
Around here the parts stores will only honor the lifetime warranty on the Moogs 1 time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How cranked up is your front end?

I have stock tie rods with sleeves and a DHD brace and haven’t had a issue yet. Probably pushing well over 100 passes with this setup
I have my torsion bars tuned up a little bit just enough that my tires don't rub

·
Registered
235 Posts
About 2 weeks ago, I installed the Kryptonite Ultimate Front End package and the Kryptonite Upper Control Arms. The install went very well and the steering is very good.

I had installed the Kryptonite Stage 1 Leveling kit and then went to have it re-aligned. Guy told me that my idler, pitman and driver side upper control arm needed to be replaced. I already had these parts in mind for upgrades so it was just a matter of dropping the cash.

If you go with Kryptonite, you will not be disappointed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts