Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not planning on this being as much of a build thread as my dually was but it's still fun to post when you add little touches.

I have a Denali 3500 Ultimate with the fifthwheel and trailer package, the color is DARK SKY METALLIC.

It already has a Retrax retractable bed cover and some window vents as well as the optional chrome 20" wheels but other that that it's stock.
A few minor parts that I ordered so far are mainly cosmetic, but I do tow a fifth wheel so some are needed.

First For the orange marker lights over the wheels I'm going to start off by tinting those, later I want to color match the fenders so I'll end up getting some boost auto tinted led lights then.
Next the red front and rear GMC badge are getting replaced with black badges, as well as the side Duramax badges.
I have a B&M gooseneck ball coming, never liked the GM/Curt ball that I had.
Thinking about using the Timbren SES on this truck vs bags, had bags on the last truck and didn't need them. Used Timbrens on the truck before and they were perfect.

On our 21 Tahoe I put a Pedal commander on, thinking about removing it and putting it in my truck since it's that same part number.
And then I have some of the GMC logo puddle lights coming, just because.

I see some new tires in the near future, just not sure if I want the Nitto ridge grapplers again or more of a road/ tow tire. The Th Nittos were awesome!
Side windows and front brow need to be tinted soon, the NC sun is blinding every time I drive right now. And the stock steps will get replaced with some Amp steps, loved them on my last truck so they are a must have IMO.

So here is the start to the next truck!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Small shameless tribute to the dually I had before this truck.

I was very honored and surprised that it was picked as the Duramax forums 2021 truck of the year, I didn't even realize it was being voted on. I'll miss it! But I won't miss having to hand wash it all the time.......

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive parking light Vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I missed the for sale post on the white one? What gives?!?! It looked perfect for a daily driver grocery getter with the kids! 💪
The dually pretty much blended in with all the other cars and trucks on the road, some how I did use to have people here and on facebook send me "spotted" pics when they noticed it out and about.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Plant Car

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had some small mods parts come in today.
Replaced the factory antennae for a 6" so I don't have to worry about it getting hit in the car washes. I live in an area where I can still get my station an hour in any direction, and if I can't I can apple car play my phone that has the XM app on it.

Installed the GMC logo puddle lights, a little tacky but the kids like it. (I'm the kid...)

And my B&M gooseneck hitch came in, much nicer than the factory ball that I had on my 18.
Also my replacement chrome center cap came in that had some curb rash on the drivers side wheel, was killing my OCD.

Couple complaints about the truck so far.
1)Gm removed the driver seat grab handle above your shoulder, still has the A pillar handle. When I travel I like to reach up and grab that handle, going to miss not having it.
2) The tiny rear under seat storage in the back is useless! Might be good for an umbrella but that's it, it needs to get replaced with something larger that I can store my gooseneck ball case in and my receiver hitch.

So far those are my only two complaints
Tomorrow I'm going to tint the fender side markers.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Gesture

Road surface Wood Asphalt Flooring Yellow

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Black Automotive design Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Nice truck.
I have an idea for the under seat storage.🤣🤣🤣

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive design Audio equipment Tableware Grey

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice truck.
I have an idea for the under seat storage.🤣🤣🤣
Thanks, back in the day I use to install that stuff in all my vehicles and did it for friends.
Just turned 50 last month and I already can't hear so stock Bose it is for me.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Red side badges are gone, front and rear are on back order so they will have to wait. I attempted to use some precut vinyl on my amber fender lights and it didn't work out so well.
So I'll either tape them off and spray tint or just wait for the tinted boost auto lights.

Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Car Vehicle

Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I've seen the boost auto sides in person, they look great you wont be disappointed.

I really like that new duramax badging, is it reflective?

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Replaced the amber led fender lights with some tinted ebay specials, easy enough to install.

Watching all the install videos on youtube I could never understand why everyone removed the entire wheel well skirt, I was easily able to get to the two screws just by removing the two screws closest to the light and the one plastic retainer.
Doing the you can bend down the wheel well with plenty of room to get a small ratchet in to get the lights out.

On the rear I just remove the rear mud flap and used trim tools to pull the flap half way off, just enough to get to the two screws. Only broke two clips on the whole truck and both were on the same side, I plan to get color matched flairs anyways and the new ones come with new tabs so I wasn't worried about it.

Just happy to have the amber lens gone, these ebay lights seem fine and I had asked another owner that made a youtube video how his were holding up and he said they have been great.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Sky Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Significant better. I did the same with zero regrets. Do you have the boxes behind the seats too?

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Significant better. I did the same with zero regrets. Do you have the boxes behind the seats too?
Nothing behind but it has the factory storage inside the rear seats, I forget they are there to be honest. Figured I'd leave them empty so the kids could store their electronics when we travel, normally they leave their games on the seats so now they can put them out of site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Red side badges are gone, front and rear are on back order so they will have to wait. I attempted to use some precut vinyl on my amber fender lights and it didn't work out so well.
So I'll either tape them off and spray tint or just wait for the tinted boost auto lights.

View attachment 1105604
View attachment 1105605
View attachment 1105606
View attachment 1105607
View attachment 1105608
There are two main methods for wrapping fenders. Both are easy if you take it with a pinch of salt. Bridge and Form Method and other one is feed in method. I suggest you to go with feed in method as its easy for wrapping fenders. I have included the link of a article I found on Google. I thought it has all the coverage of how to wrap fenders, so you may easily get to know how to do it.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts