Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took truck to dealer for heavy greyish smoke and bad knocking at and abouve 1800 rpm while driving.dealer said blown head gasket. the knocking is definately on the drivers side and it sounds like a rod or something while driving. while in park you can rev it up slow and it doesn't knock, but if you rev it up faster it starts the knock at 2500 rpm. im looking for blown head gasket symptoms from others that have had problems. the knocking has me more worried that it could be more then a blown head gasket, i dont know why it would knock. thanks guys

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?????

i need ideas on the knocking, anyone have this happen before? after my truck sits and cools down and i remove coolant cap there is pressure still built up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no coolant in oil but hard radiator hose and i can go take the coolant bottle cap off after sitting all night and its pressurized some not alot though, i just talked to my uncle he has an 05 LLY and he says when he takes his cap off after sitting all night it is pressurized some too. when i drove my truck home from the dealer about 15 miles, the radiator hose was pretty hard, not sure how hard it should be or when to do that test though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
coolant has been at the proper line on the tank, heater works, my truck has never been over 180 on the temp gauge. usually runs about 175 or so on the highway little less in stop and go traffic. would a blown head gasket some where cause a knock? its fairly loud while driving but while parked you can slowly rev it up with no knock. could it be a stuck injector?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts