Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a head unit for under $500 any of y'all know one that has DVD and navigation?

·
Registered
207 Posts
To get a quality unit in that price range I would recommend something with app radio or mirror link built in navigation is gonna be hard to find in a name brand head unit for under 500.00 especially if you have the factory Bose and steering wheel controls as your install parts aside from the deck are going to run about 125-150. Jvc and pioneer both have some very good app radio units under 500 though and as long as you have a smart phone from apple or android then you can download a free navigation app (and many others) and it will function on the head unit just like built in navigation, the only difference is you have to have the phone in the car for the navigation to work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
420 Posts
Pioneer app radios do not have dvd capabilities. Unless some of the new 2013 models do?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up getting a boss head unit with built in navigation and DVD. I know it's not a kenwood or pioneer but it had great reviews and I found it online for $260

·
Registered
207 Posts
Pioneer app radios do not have dvd capabilities. Unless some of the new 2013 models do?
Yup, all of the new avh, head units from pioneer have all of the app radio features. The appradio specific unit they came out with 2 years ago is a big flop because they put all of the same features into the DVD head units as well and they are almost exactly the same price. I have only sold 1 of the sph app radio units in the last year because of that. Even last year a couple of the DVD double din head units had advanced app radio function.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know yall dont like the factory head units, however I plan on putting a factory touch screen unit in from a tahoe in my truck. I dont know if DVD works in it, but my truck has a DVD player. I like the idea of my steering wheel buttons working.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You can make your steering wheel controles work on most units I like kenwood personally mine was 850 with nav and Bluetooth and voice controle

·
Registered
491 Posts
I bought a Kenwood DNX9980HD, but haven't installed it yet. I like that it has Garmin GPS, less of a learning curve as the interface is very familiar already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts