Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Need some opinions on something...... I hav an 04 GMC 2500HD and just discovered today that the previous owner had replaced the passenger side headlamp assembly with a TYC aftermarket one. It has some sort of reflector baffle inside and with the new Sylvania's I have installed produces a far lesser intensity on my low beam than the stock OEM assembly. So I want to replace it. Can I get some opinions from all of you on what works best? Considering aftermarket projector assemblies, or should I just stick with OEM? Styling is an issue...... but I do alot of long haul driving in the Canadian north at night and my eyes are just not what they were 30 yrs ago. So an improvement in light is what I'm after.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I've heard some good things about the headlamp assemblies that LMC truck offers. that having been said, i've never run them myself, so it is second hand information.. or third haha.

If you're wanting the most light output possible have you looked in to upgrading your headlights themselves to HID's? This would be my recommendation. Far superior light output as compared to halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I have TYC Projector's and wouldnt really recommend them. OEM seem's to work best with HID's in my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thnx,

I did some investigating when I managed to get back to the city for a bit. For the widest light dispursion I was recommended crystal back headlight assemblies and told to stay away from projecter style models. As the guy told me.... you want to see that moose coming out of the ditch..... not just seeing him bright as day when he is front of u. There are a number of manufacturers.... but for quality Anzo seems to be the best. I'll look around abit more before deciding what to get.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts