Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with my headlight's and aiming them. They are th factory housing's. I already have HID's in them and they seem to be very focused on the low beam's and not seem to shine very far. I dont know what to do beside's getting new housing's.

If i have to get new housing's, i want clear housing's (no reflector) to match my turn signal's without paying an arm and a leg.

I will get some photo's up soon of how my current light's look on low beam's from the cab. You can see how focused and "Pencil Beamed" they are. It really sucks and i cant see much with them. Most vehicle's shine 10x better with stock light's than mine do with my HID's.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Thats kind of odd..... Depending on what kelvin your HID's are, the lighting may be different than what you are used to with factory lights.... Id like to see the photos

Just want to add that mine aren't that bright (10000k) total different lighting than factory i know what you mean.... but I have piaa fog lights in my bumper and they really light up the road....

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I alway's driving with my fog's on because they actually light up the road a bit for me. My HID's are 8000k 35w lows, 8000k 35w fog's, 6000k 55w highs. I am thinking of changing the housing's to something better (Had TYC Projector's and disliked them) and going 55w light's all the way around.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the pic' i currently have, but can get more/better ones tonight if needed.
Not the greatest pic, but you can tell there suppose to aim different, and i cant aim the up anymore.

This one you can see how the driver's side high beam aim's way high compared to the rest.

Low beam's only i think

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are the factory housing's pcitured above. Brian, when you aimed them apart like that, did you still have decent amount of lighting directly in front of you (Where mine are aimed right now) or is yours bright in the ditch's but not very bright on the road directly in front of you?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but how do i get them aimed better is my biggest thing.

Edit: I re-aimed them a bit, More upward's (Slightly) and outward's. Pic's were taken with my phone and in the rain so there not that good.
Low's

Lows's/Fog's

High's (Low/Fog/High)

Could still use better. Should i try 5000k 55w light's all around and some long range light's behind the grille? (Recommended light's??)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts