Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used headlight and tail light film before? I was looking on eBay at a place called RVinyl. I was thinking about tinting all the headlights and fog lights and just running my high beams with the all-on mod at night. Seems like it would darken them enough to leave the high beams on at all times.

Is this stuff garbage? I like the look of black-outs but this seems like a cheap alternative.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I asked my buddy who tinted my windows to do my tail lights and he didn't want to do it. I guess it's hard to get it around all the curves and contours and look good. Those kits look like they're pre-cut though so that might make it easier. If you try it the worst that can happen is you peel it back off, no big deal. You might want to look into VHT with a clearcoat that seems to work pretty good.

As far as blacking out the headlights I dono if I'd go so dark that i'd have to run the high beams all the time. I don't know about where you're from but I know the cops around here would have a field day with that.. just somethin to think about. Some of the removable covers might be better for that, black in the day and pop them off at night. I'm pretty sure Jason (towmaster) has some.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked my buddy who tinted my windows to do my tail lights and he didn't want to do it. I guess it's hard to get it around all the curves and contours and look good. Those kits look like they're pre-cut though so that might make it easier. If you try it the worst that can happen is you peel it back off, no big deal. You might want to look into VHT with a clearcoat that seems to work pretty good.

As far as blacking out the headlights I dono if I'd go so dark that i'd have to run the high beams all the time. I don't know about where you're from but I know the cops around here would have a field day with that.. just somethin to think about. Some of the removable covers might be better for that, black in the day and pop them off at night. I'm pretty sure Jason (towmaster) has some.
What's VHT?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
I've got the AVS covers too. They look good. The look of completely blacked out lights gets old man. I don't even use the headlight covers anymore. I just keep the covers on my blinkers now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts