Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What LED bulbs is everyone using? Have you had any issues? I’m wanting to switch from HID kits to just a LED bulb for simplicity. I think brightness is about them same from what I’ve seen. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: Sierraluva

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
JDM ASTAR from amazon. 50-60$ and very nice.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I switched to Lasfit LEDs for both low and high beams. The problem I have is that the high beams don’t project. They’re bright as hell up close, but do nothing down the road. They are the blade type and for the high beams they can be turned 90 degrees for “more precision” lighting. I started with the blades straight up and down like the low beams then I tried with the blades turned horizontal and still the same, bright up close, but still dark down the road. My silverstars projected down the road better, but they weren’t as bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
I had some cheap Allah ones from amazon that were super bright and running on 8 months of no issues. Had them in my fogs too

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
What LED bulbs is everyone using? Have you had any issues? I’m wanting to switch from HID kits to just a LED bulb for simplicity. I think brightness is about them same from what I’ve seen. Thanks for the input.

I get mine from amazon, find one that has a few thousand reviews (there are many) with the a high rating and get that, i havent been let down yet. I usually shoot for the 34-50$ range on the set.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
What got me searching for alternatives on my ‘12 was the halogens (even upgraded Silverstar Ultras) would burn out every 6 months, they are a pain to replace. Since I went to JDM Astar over 2 years ago I have had no issues.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I bought my 2012 new have 78k on it and have only had to replace 1 headlight bulb so far maybe I have just been lucky I keep them in the auto position all the time and we have a daytime running light law here I agree it is a real pain to replace a bulb on these trucks

·
Registered
929 Posts
HEADLIGHT ISSUES ?

Damn...just when I thought I'd corrected everything on my rolling "do-it-yourself" kit.....now I have to worry about headlight failure ?

Can you guys help me out and tell me at approx. what age & mileage you guys incurred failure that resulted in your having to change headlight bulbs?

Is this still another example of GM reducing the quality of its products ?

The headlights my truck came with when I bought it appear to be orig., best as I am able to determine the bulbs have not been touched.

On long trips way way out in the boonies, they SEEM pretty damn bright....and I try and remember to turn them off during the day.

From what you guys are telling me, sounds like I'd better carry some spare bulbs with me?

Damn..in the old days, the "sealed beams" seemed to last forever-I don't recall feeling the need to carry spares then.

Is this progress....? Yes, what my truck came with are much much brighter than the sealed beams of my youth.....………….but reliability? Progress ?
If you are planning on replacing a headlight bulb on the side of the road hood luck you better have a toolbox with you I would hate to know I was going to replace one at night on the aide of the road

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put Auxito in my low, high, fog, and backup lights at $80 for all 16 bulbs. They make a world of difference. The lows have perfect cut off in the projectors, the highs project very far and bright, the fogs have a great spread, and I can actually see my reverse lights in the camera now instead of having to turn on the mirror lights every time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[email protected]

2016 2500hd CCSB

These are pretty decent (with the exception of the fog lights which wouldn't connect properly). I'm running their reverse lights, cargo lights, LP lights, highs, and lows. The reverse lights are the brightest I've ever seen. The lights up front are a very crisp, white LED. They really light up the road.

My only complaint is that the fog lights would hook up. The connector brackets are trash. To make it worse.. I sent them an email and they won't write back.

Even with the trash fog lights, i would still recommend everything else I mentioned above.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went a bought led Sylvania from local parts store. I love them a lot. Highly recommend and they have a 5 year warranty. Attached picture is stock vs the Sylvania led.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
What year pickup?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went a bought led Sylvania from local parts store. I love them a lot. Highly recommend and they have a 5 year warranty. Attached picture is stock vs the Sylvania led.

Im running the Sylvania LED fog lights. They're legit as well. I think Sylvania is a good choice, especially since you can pick them up at AutoZone or Advance Auto.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Im running the Sylvania LED fog lights. They're legit as well. I think Sylvania is a good choice, especially since you can pick them up at AutoZone or Advance Auto.
That and the 5 year warranty is why I picked them up.

They fit real well and I didn't have to trim anything at all(some stated with aftermarket bulbs the back was too big and hit the core support).

I'm very pleased with them.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Did either of you have to re-align them after installing the LED light bulbs in them?
If you did how much of a problem is it?
We have a 2016.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I want more light in the fog light area but most don't do that at least when it comes to distance.
Can use more light in the headlight area too as my eyes are getting old!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts