Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 2500 HD this past weekend. The clear plastic lens that covers the heads up display is rattling. Anyone have a similar issue and know a fix?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you figure it out? Does the display shake when you go over bumps or just make a rattle sound? If it’s just a sound there might be some type of FOD that is stuck in there. You might be able to look through the windshield to see if you see something loose in there. Otherwise you could try to take a picture with your phone so you can get a better view.

Reactions: xcellmike

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am having mine replaced under warranty, plastic is not loose on mine but flickers really bad on even small bumps.
They are trying to charge to me for the cost of windsheild for mine cause they need to pull it to replace.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am having mine replaced under warranty, plastic is not loose on mine but flickers really bad on even small bumps.
They are trying to charge to me for the cost of windsheild for mine cause they need to pull it to replace.
LOL! That's crazy! They want to charge you for a warranty repair? Is the windshield cracked/broken already, such that it's going to snap with the remove it maybe?

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is a small crack in bottom of window but the funny part of all it. I brought this to there attention before it was cracked and they told me it was normal operation. Now 2 months later i brought it up again and the agree it faulty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a small crack in bottom of window but the funny part of all it. I brought this to there attention before it was cracked and they told me it was normal operation. Now 2 months later i brought it up again and the agree it faulty.
That sucks... but I guess I see their point. They can't remove the windshield without breaking it (or they don't think they can) due to existing damage. You should be able to get the windshield fixed on your insurance though, then have the fix the HUD. That's my take anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you figure it out? Does the display shake when you go over bumps or just make a rattle sound? If it’s just a sound there might be some type of FOD that is stuck in there. You might be able to look through the windshield to see if you see something loose in there. Otherwise you could try to take a picture with your phone so you can get a better view.
it’s what I said in my original post. Having to take it in and get it replaced.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On another note about the heads-up display in our trucks - when you are cleaning your interior dash be extra careful on how much pressure you put on the clear covering for the display. It will cause it to flex and possibly pop out. Ask me how I know...

• Haha
Reactions: Campingfamco

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like they have to replace the entire unit…..

·
Registered
161 Posts
I wonder if something broke on the mount of the unit and that’s why they need to replace it. Either way, glad it’s getting done! Did they say if there is a constraint on the part?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, they are available from the plant. Just have to schedule it now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts