Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the guys that have their oil changed by shops, always be sure to double and triple check plugs and anything else they may have done, my girlfriend took our 1/2 ton chevy down to get the oil changed since i didnt have time to do it, well she gets home all seems well, i go out today and there is a puddle of oil in the drive way :confused: so i checked engine oil all was good, ran it in the shop threw it up on the hoist and transfercase plug was held on by 2 threads, tightened it up and did alittle more looking and oil drain plug for the motor was the same way :eek: just a heads up guys

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Thats why i avoid shops at all cost's. Lucky it didnt hurt anything.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i usually dont take my vehicles anywhere but i was busy at work and she needed it, worst part about it, its one of my buddies shops so im not real impressed to say the least

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I've had the problem of a shop getting the plug and filter so f***in tight that I almost ruined the plug, and turned the filter into a heap of scrap metal before I got it off. Never too loose though lol. All the more reason to do it myself.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i took mine in for an oil change one day and went home to rotate the tires. Got the front tires off and noticed there was dirt on all but two of my grease zerks. It looked like they had just put some on their finger and rubbed it up there on a couple of them because there was a pile of grease about an inch away from the zerks. Not very happy, called them up and bitched out the manager. told him how i always brought my truck to them because i thought they did such a good job. he reassured me that that is not the way the do business, and he would talk to the tech that did my truck. I am still going there but i watch everything they do and i double check averything.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my daughter took her Car to a oil change shop and the morons didn't put the rubber filler cap back on and she lost a quart in 15 miles > I went there and got another qrt of oil and reamed their asses out !! never again I told her bring it to me

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Nobody has ever turned a single bolt on my truck since I owned it. and the original owner had it serviced at the dealer that I worked at so I still did all the work to it its entire life.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I do my own oil changes just for that very reason. I don't need a ruined engine.
All though they would pay for it for sure.

I even immediately check my lug nuts when I get home after having new tires put on. Of course the usual check after driving a couple hundred miles I do too.

Having a tire come off could get you injured or worse killed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Had an employee of mine come back from the field and get his oil changed before he headed back out... stopped by the shop and I noticed his oil leaking and popped his hood; turns out they didn't put the cap on at all and oil was everywhere along with his intake was not snapped on and his filter sitting off to the side.

Our shop truck came back from some hail damage repairs and the entire intake was disconnected at the turbo and half of the plugs still unplugged.

Needless to say, I could never trust them.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Guess the mechanic had just learned it was his last day and said eff it

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Just watch the techs at the shop when they work on your vehicle. I stay in the bay to watch everything. I haven't had any issues with the two shops I use.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I own a shop and I can't tell you how many times we have to fix issues that other fast oil change places do. I often ask customers why they didn't come to us first. Same answer every time. The other guy is cheaper. But after we fix the other guys mess ups we don't ever loose that customer and they pay us the extra. I don't understand how some places can be so lazy. Treat everyone customer ride as its your own and everything will be OK. If you want to short cut you either need fired or put out of business.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.