Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
USMC
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When doing any work to your truck, have a tool accountability checklist.
Background:
Earlier today I had some teenage kids taunting me in their 5 Point Slow Thunderbird. We were at a red light, on a soon to be long stretch of open two lane road, when this kid started to rev his engine. I believe he was in neutral. The only reason i heard this was due to his lack of exhaust or the bumble bee pipe he put on it. So i get ready. See the cross section turn orange. Then Red. Getting really excited. First race since I traded the GXP (never lost).Green. I go. Smoke this kid bad. I must have been 100 yards ahead of him in less than a 1/4 mile. I let off and level out and then hear some bad news from under the hood. Lost power steering and them "Jen" shut down. Luckily the thunderbird kids turned off as I was coasting and didn’t see this. I pull over and pop the hood. My belt is torn off. Called Jen, the wife, and had her stop to get a new belt and breaker bar along with my 10-20.
Moral:
Make sure that you remember where you put that big screwdriver you used to knock off the stock downpipe.

·
USMC
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but it wasnt all that good. He was in an old T bird. Its like beating up a retarded kid. Cant feel good about that.

·
USMC
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worst part about this whole deal is that I did a transgo kit this weekend, two weeks after the downpipe. That “SCREW”driver has been waiting for this. I’ve been being easy on Jen for a while trying to see the best gas mileage. This is the first time in my DMax history that I got on it for reals. Karma is a bioch. This is what I get for beating up the retarded car.

·
USMC
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like to be prepared so let me have it. By the way. You have a landscaping buisness correct?

·
USMC
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hit me up in the chat. Lets talk. I might have another deal for you. Sold the trailer but ill get you back.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I was there when you fried the TCM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.