Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess when everone is telling me its the head gaskets well its the head gaskets . Now here comes the Question I have been told that theres a good chance that My heads will be gone to somthing to do with a fireing ring?If thats the case is there an aftermarket or performance head available for my truck. They would have to be relaible cause its my work truck and i cant afford down time tru winter.

·
Registered
310 Posts
if your heads are in good shape whould just put new head gaskets on and tighten down the heads with some arp head studs. you'll be able to handle over 30 lbs of boost easly.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
You should be safe till about 40 psi on stock head bolts, studs are always a good idea though. as for the gasket, the dmax uses a steel head gasket, no need for fire or o rings at any hp level! Socal diesel offers stage 1 heads for somewhere around 2 k iirc!!!

FYI the stock dmax makes around 22psi of boost. Stock turbos start to fail just over 30psi!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the stage 1 heads are 2 k whats the stock heads worth how much difference I have been told Im looking at 25-30 hours to do the job here in Canada a good diesel guy is about 85.00 per hour.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting done

Well the hot rod goes in on Monday to get all fixed up Arp head studs, New head gaskets and every damn gasket on the top end its not cheap The head gaskets are 154.00 each and the upper end gasket kit is 850.00 and the labour its 1200.00. The arp studs are 694.00 All cdn funds so its about the same in the U.S. Anyways thanks for all the help guys.:drink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts