Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question 1: The previous owner had it setup so the drivers heated seat is on FULL on start up....I have to turn it off every time I start the rig up and it gets warm fast! Not complaining about the heat but I don't want it turning on without my input..haha...how do I change this?

Question 2: How do I store seat positions on the 1 and 2 setting and what isthe button above the 1 and 2 buttons??? My truck did not come with a manual. So if anyone has an extra manual laying around and would wanna "gift" it to me I could give ya my details..Or if anyone has a pdf of the manual.

Thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I can answer question 2: set the seat mirrors etc... than push & hold the button 1 or 2, till you hear a beep. that should do it...

·
Registered
414 Posts
My heated seats kick on automatically in the winter with the remote start and in the summer the ac goes to auto 60 degrees.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I set these Auto's??? lol Im in New Orleans right now and believe me, I don't need heated seats....LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
The button above the 1 & 2 memory settings is for seting position of the seat to "Exit the vehicle". Meaning when you turn off the key, it can be set so the seat moves to another position than you were sitting while driving. For example you may want the seat to move back automatically if it makes it easier to get out. In my case the seat is already as far back as it goes. So I dont use it. All you would have to do is hold that button just like the memory 1 & 2 buttons untill it beeps to set an "Exit position". (for each driver position) I like to set it the same position to what each drivers memory seat is so the seat wont move if you acidentally push the button. All I can think of on the heated seat is to be sure it is off while setting driver 1 & 2 memory.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My heated seats kick on automatically in the winter with the remote start and in the summer the ac goes to auto 60 degrees.
True for new body style trucks with remote start. I dont think 2005 had that option with factory remote start.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill have to try that...Im gonna go check it right now!! lol....cause it sucks when I get in the truck when its been outside all day and then seats gets hot on top of it..haha...Ill check back in a bit!

thanks guys

·
Registered
414 Posts
How do I set these Auto's??? lol Im in New Orleans right now and believe me, I don't need heated seats....LOL
Lol I'm about 300 miles north of you and it's already hot here so I know it's hot and humid as he'll there. I would try what yukondmax said and reset the memory with the heated seat off. Just put the seat where you want it and hold the 1 down till it beeps. If that doesn't work then good luck! Keeps us posted.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmm that didn't seem to change anything for the heatet seat part...still comes on full boar when the truck is started...doesnt turn the A/C on either nor do I hear any beeps while holding the buttons down....
Let me guess.....has to be taken in the relay module redone?

·
Registered
43 Posts
hmmmm that didn't seem to change anything for the heatet seat part...still comes on full boar when the truck is started...doesnt turn the A/C on either nor do I hear any beeps while holding the buttons down....
Let me guess.....has to be taken in the relay module redone?
You should hear two beeps within about 5 seconds holding a memory preset button. It will sound over the trucks radio speaker. The presets can be set even with the key off. If you hear no beeps, then it needs to be checked out. A GM scanner can read these button press inputs to test if it is a switch, wiring, or possible module problem. Go to a dealer or shop that can program modules if one needs replaced. Modules usually come blank when bought new so they can be programmed to your specific trucks options. Drivers door module (which is part of your window switches) communicates with the memory seat module which in turn controls power to your heated seats. A good tech will find this problem easilly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK...so I priced the module at the local GM dealer...he said they are like 500??? Holy crap!! Anyone give me a direct link to one? Does the dealer have to program these?? Im fairly sure this is whats causing it...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Damn it!!! Unplug the heater or take the fuse out till you can find one. $500 that suxs!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts