Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning i was taking my truck in to get serviced. Just tripped 15000 miles. It was sorta cold so i went to cut the heated seats on. NOTHING! after stopping cutting the truck off still nothing, then about 15miles down the road i hit the button and it works?? I get to the dealer and lucky, it wouldnt cut on there, so theyd knw what i was talking about.

Truck was there for 9 hours trying to find out what the problem was, said their going to have to trace the wiring :( Plus on top of that im having it lifted next week, so i had them put everything back together and have a date week after next to look at it again,

Anyone else had this problem??:poke[1]:

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
After Irene came thru here my seat tried to cook me.
Short version, parked away from ANYTHING that could fall in middle of empty lot. Wind blew strongest at driver's side. Brought it back home, next day my back heat switch kept clicking, would continuously cycle H-M-L-Off-H-M-L-O........ Turning it off did not good as it kept cycling. It did it again a time or two since but seems fine now. Wonder if water can get to the switch if it's wind-blown?? If it doesn't repeat maybe water in yours kept it from working???

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
idk i have the same problem. when it was cold it wouldnt turn on till my truck was warmed up. now that its hot the damn thing will cycle high to low and then sit on high for awhile then cycle again making my ass super hot lol. no matter how many times i turn it off it always comes back on

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
And I pulled the fuse that is "supposed" to be for the seat and I STILL kept getting cooked. Was about to get the wire cutters out :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone found out what is causing the seat heaters to cycle? mine is doing it to it's ticking me off, it will be off for a couple of days and then suddenly activate and cycle from hi to Lo.

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just took mine to the dealership and I also read up that it is the "heating elements" in the seats. I had all sorts of weird experiences with them as well. I am not sure on the cost, I was fortunate to have a warranty.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From dealer:

A CK for heated seats Not working
Cause: Poor comminucation due to connector & harness concern, chaffed & loose connection
N9651 Repaired connectors & rerouted harness to harness seat (under seat), also repaired harness under l/s of dash for open causing 6 Failure codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts