Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to run my heater fan this morning(tuesday) and it would not work at first. Now it works on all but the top speed-I hear a click on the passenger side of the dash and the fan shuts off after the click.
Any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is this for your Firebird or truck? The only Firebird that I've worked on is a 68. I had to change the heater core on it and put in a new switch for the heater. If you need info on that, I can help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
what year is your truck? from the front end i'm guessing it's an 03 or newer?? what's probably wrong is your blower motor control processor (otherwise known as a blower motor resistor pack) is probably shot. it's located under the right side of the dash next to the blower motor. little plastic box about 3x5.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I no longer have the Firebird-Tranny blew in 2002 and it went on the wholesale lot. My company name is Firebird Heavy Hauling hence my handle "Firebird". The problem is with my 2005 truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I no longer have the Firebird-Tranny blew in 2002 and it went on the wholesale lot. My company name is Firebird Heavy Hauling hence my handle "Firebird". The problem is with my 2005 truck.
Sorry. Can't help you with that. I would guess it is something simple like a relay. But that's just a logical quess.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting the blower problem fixed tomorrow-Nov 18,2006. Apparently is the resistor or rheostat or something like that-apparently is a common problem.
They disconnected the fan when the truck was at the dealership Wednesday afternoon-according to the mechanic if this problem is not fixed right away it can cause the blower to completely fail and burn out. Perhaps GM should issue a recall before someone's truck catches fire?
Also has been frigging cold driving around with no heater the last few days!!!:programme :moon

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
please pass the tylenol!

Well they finally replaced the rheostat yesterday Nov 28 and also the relay but NOW the control panel is fried too! Of course the part is not in stock so here goes another week of waiting. Plus the moron that leased the truck before me installed a $75.00 mp3 player and hacked and slashed all the gm wiring to pieces and I have to drive 300 miles to the dealership I bought it at
Dec 2 to get the truck rewired and get a brand new stereo put in. Apparently he destroyed the airbag wiring(they won't work if I get in an accident) AND the truck may catch fire at any moment till it gets rewired.
:mad: :ar15 :rant :blowup

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ahhh, the joys of after market radios installed by idiots!! The guy was lucky the air bag didn't go off in his face if he messed with the wiring for it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts