Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what this really is - it's on the option list for 2020 3500 SRW.

Thanks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Heavy duty springs for snow plow mostly. But if you put on a heavy duty and heavy front bumper and brush guard it may come in handy.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Odd in that starting with the 2011 model year GM stated that the new frame and suspension enabled use of a snowplow without modifications other than the electrical connection.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Anyone know what this really is - it's on the option list for 2020 3500 SRW.

Thanks.
Here is an option that can be added without the spring upgrade and is easily removed as well. They replace the factory jounce bumper and they offer 3 different weight capacity versions as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here is an option that can be added without the spring upgrade and is easily removed as well. They replace the factory jounce bumper and they offer 3 different weight capacity versions as well.

True; and I bet they work well, but an aftermarket item won’t change the axle weight rating. I’ve got the light duty Sumo Springs on the back of mine and can’t complain, especially for the price.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
True; and I bet they work well, but an aftermarket item won’t change the axle weight rating. I’ve got the light duty Sumo Springs on the back of mine and can’t complain, especially for the price.
You are correct, it won’t change the front axle rating. Those with heavy aftermarket bumpers and snow plows definitely have a justification for the heavier springs. But for those that only have a snow plow on a few months per year, like Utah, I would personally refer to have a temporary option like these that could be removed in the warmer months for a more comfortable ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts