Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody tow big loads in the 20,000# range with EFI? If so how do you like it? I tow a 650 JD dozer with my Dmax, looking at the EFI. Searched a bunch of old posts but nothing specific returned. Only a few travel trailer loads.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like everything about the EFI LIVE. I am about to purchase an 08 LMM and am considering purchasing the EFI LIVE software. Looking at the EDGE Monitor that came out for the new truck. The older truck, an LLY, will be a work/play truck. New truck will be to show off, although I am really not into the big tunes and smoke. Too old for that now, well not too old just like to turn big power out of 70's style gassers.
I was consider a tow tune, performance, and some type of economy. Not really decided on what else yet, I was thinking I should by a couple of tunes to use and the get used to the software.
Any limitations or things to be aware of tuning wise?
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well eventually it would be great, but I don't think right out of the box I have time. I teach Ag Mechanics, so I stay pretty busy.
I would like to eventually learn it. I think for starters I would rather purchase tunes already loaded and ready to go. Then all I have to do is plug and play. I would like the software for codes and such, checking balance rates, etc. I realize that probably puts me in the 2k range cost wise to do two trucks, seeing as I need gauges/monitors also.
I have read all your info and many others; very impressed with your knowledge of the specifics. I don't think most guys can even understand what you are trying to educate them about.
Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have suggestions or would like to price me the setup for two vehicles.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I run 26k gross on the LLY all race season long using custom efi towing tune. The nice thing about efi is you can tune more than one rig at a time. (unless you buy a tuned ecm, and then you are not buying EFI) This means more bang for your buck.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I run 26k gross on the LLY all race season long using custom efi towing tune. The nice thing about efi is you can tune more than one rig at a time. (unless you buy a tuned ecm, and then you are not buying EFI) This means more bang for your buck.
Exactly you can tune your other cars or have a buddy split the cost with you since you get two license with EFI live thats 2 vehicles right off the hop.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's definitely what I was hoping to hear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts