Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I made this account because this forum has been invaluable for me when looking for parts to buy my dad and his 2013 Chevy LML. I was planning on buying my dad a DPF-back exhaust but I quickly found out that an exhaust system of that nature would do nothing besides make it look better and avoid melting any bumper mounted trailer protection. Now i'm trying to find the best possible way to choose a led light bar to mount in the front bumper opening. I will be willing to spend no more than $400 so the rigid light bars are out of my price range. I have been searching for the front bumper opening dimension but haven't had any luck. What has members in the community done for a light bar in the bumper that has been cost effective?

Thanks,
Owen Spalding

·
WOOD... man!
4,209 Posts

I have yet to install a light bar as I'm still working on my first diesel project truck. I'm sure one of the guys will be along shortly and will be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You'll need a 20" for the front bumper. I'm about to install a 20" totron light bar in mine! Rigid was my first choice until I saw the price tag. Totron seemed to be the next most popular. Seems like everyday there's a new light bar brand though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What mounting solution are you going to go with? Have you found any reasonably priced brackets thats are prefab'd? Or are you going to make your own mounting solution?

·
Registered
113 Posts
You'll need a 20" for the front bumper. I'm about to install a 20" totron light bar in mine! Rigid was my first choice until I saw the price tag. Totron seemed to be the next most popular. Seems like everyday there's a new light bar brand though.
Unfortunately more than likely they are all made in the same factory.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I plan on using the brackets they all come with and making my own tabs. If I can't seem to make anything I'm gonna buy the brackets from sol cal trucks for $44. Rigid has brackets too, but they are $66 I believe. The hole in the bumper on the lml Silverado is right around 25"...I looked around for a 24" in bar but no one makes one. Sometimes you'll see them listed as a 22" but they're really only a 20". The actual total length of mine is 22" but the led lights measure 20". So there will be about an inch on each side when installed. Here's a pic of 20" installed. (Not my truck)

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
10,442 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!