Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im a Cummins guy.... :tease .
Just looking to learn even more about the wonderful world of diesel, and chat up some people too. Hope to catch ya around. :rockin

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines a 12 Valve..... they switched to 24 valve halfway through 98.

For the amount of Km's and what my truck's been through all its life, there isnt anything bad i can say about dodge right now. The plan was to buy a gasser half ton, and then it definately would have been chev, but nothing newer than 03. The chev trucks just arent what they used to be. And im not a huge fan of the indepandant front on the duramax. :confused:

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum...i love any diesel but it has to blow black smoke so you'll have to prove it blows some or else

J/K but pics would be nice

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome to the forum...i love any diesel but it has to blow black smoke so you'll have to prove it blows some or else

J/K but pics would be nice

I'll go get the Camera :gearjamin

Hmm, don't remember seeing any black smoke outta you on CumminsForum... :confused:

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a quick video today, with a digital camera. Not the best, but you get the idea. I fired the cameraman by the way. Hopefully more to come, and i'll actually try to get on it more. Those darn 19.5's spin like nothin.

Enjoy the sound as well, i know you d-max guys don't hear anything that good unless it's blowing past you! :rof

Just kidding guys...... only truck thats beat me was a D-max. :mad:

[url=http://media.putfile.com/Picture-104-26]Click here to watch Picture-104-26[/URL]

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the only tire i seen spinnin was the right rear,i wonder what causes that..thats what i love about the GM trucks they have positive traction straight from the factory..the duramax is quick on it's feat but in the truck pulls it takes a tad bit more to beat the cummins not that the duramax doesn't make a good show just alot of times there is a cummins that takes the show..Diesels,the Wave of the Future..
ps i never got beat YET,the only close call was with a sweet runnin cummins..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right on, if only they had a solid front end too. I was trying to NOT spin the tires, but my buddy told me i spun again when i turned around, didnt even notice. Gonna try and get another better vid tonight. :rockin

the only tire i seen spinnin was the right rear,i wonder what causes that..thats what i love about the GM trucks they have positive traction straight from the factory..the duramax is quick on it's feat but in the truck pulls it takes a tad bit more to beat the cummins not that the duramax doesn't make a good show just alot of times there is a cummins that takes the show..Diesels,the Wave of the Future..
ps i never got beat YET,the only close call was with a sweet runnin cummins..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rear differential problem maybe??

Could be, i don't have a clue. I know it doesnt have a limited slip, so i think thats just the way it is. :mad:

Lets see some vids and pics guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow what were your egts like? :confused:

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i hate when people ask that ?..LOL i was the one hanging out the window seeing i wanted the vid my brother thought i should be the one doing the stupid work and let him drive..it was really hot,around 1600*..

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i hate when people ask that ?..LOL i was the one hanging out the window seeing i wanted the vid my brother thought i should be the one doing the stupid work and let him drive..it was really hot,around 1600*..
Sorry, was just kinda curious at how high they were... :drink

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Sorry, was just kinda curious at how high they were... :drink
thats quite allright,i think it's funny that thats the first question most guys ask..
Ummmm at 1300 your aluminum heads start melting :blowup
i guess the gauge could be off,but thats what it read...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.