Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Hello Duramax!

2103 Views 18 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN
Hey everyone, im a Cummins guy.... :tease .
Just looking to learn even more about the wonderful world of diesel, and chat up some people too. Hope to catch ya around. :rockin
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Im sorry but this is a Duramax diesel site and we dont allow anything else.. :moon

Joking!!! Welcome aboard and thanks for filling out your sig!! Is yours a 24 or 12 valve? Even Ill admit the Cummins is one hell of a motor I just wish they'd loose the Dodge shell :rolleyes:

Mines a 12 Valve..... they switched to 24 valve halfway through 98.

For the amount of Km's and what my truck's been through all its life, there isnt anything bad i can say about dodge right now. The plan was to buy a gasser half ton, and then it definately would have been chev, but nothing newer than 03. The chev trucks just arent what they used to be. And im not a huge fan of the indepandant front on the duramax. :confused:
welcome to the forum...i love any diesel but it has to blow black smoke so you'll have to prove it blows some or else

J/K but pics would be nice
See less See more
welcome to the forum...i love any diesel but it has to blow black smoke so you'll have to prove it blows some or else

J/K but pics would be nice

I'll go get the Camera :gearjamin

Hmm, don't remember seeing any black smoke outta you on CumminsForum... :confused:
I'll go get the Camera :gearjamin

Hmm, don't remember seeing any black smoke outta you on CumminsForum... :confused:

oh snap!! :popcorn

Image of 05 LLY - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting i can't get the pics to upload since they are to big and i don't have time to downsize them so heres a couple of links to my photo bucket account..
Got a quick video today, with a digital camera. Not the best, but you get the idea. I fired the cameraman by the way. Hopefully more to come, and i'll actually try to get on it more. Those darn 19.5's spin like nothin.

Enjoy the sound as well, i know you d-max guys don't hear anything that good unless it's blowing past you! :rof

Just kidding guys...... only truck thats beat me was a D-max. :mad:

[url=http://media.putfile.com/Picture-104-26]Click here to watch Picture-104-26[/URL]
the only tire i seen spinnin was the right rear,i wonder what causes that..thats what i love about the GM trucks they have positive traction straight from the factory..the duramax is quick on it's feat but in the truck pulls it takes a tad bit more to beat the cummins not that the duramax doesn't make a good show just alot of times there is a cummins that takes the show..Diesels,the Wave of the Future..
ps i never got beat YET,the only close call was with a sweet runnin cummins..
rear differential problem maybe??
Right on, if only they had a solid front end too. I was trying to NOT spin the tires, but my buddy told me i spun again when i turned around, didnt even notice. Gonna try and get another better vid tonight. :rockin

the only tire i seen spinnin was the right rear,i wonder what causes that..thats what i love about the GM trucks they have positive traction straight from the factory..the duramax is quick on it's feat but in the truck pulls it takes a tad bit more to beat the cummins not that the duramax doesn't make a good show just alot of times there is a cummins that takes the show..Diesels,the Wave of the Future..
ps i never got beat YET,the only close call was with a sweet runnin cummins..
rear differential problem maybe??

Could be, i don't have a clue. I know it doesnt have a limited slip, so i think thats just the way it is. :mad:

Lets see some vids and pics guys.
heres one with just a programmer and a straight exhaust.. Video - tyre boyz 05 LLY dually with PPE Hot 2+ excuse my voice at the end,it sounds weird at a 100+mph..
Wow what were your egts like? :confused:
i hate when people ask that ?..LOL i was the one hanging out the window seeing i wanted the vid my brother thought i should be the one doing the stupid work and let him drive..it was really hot,around 1600*..
..it was really hot,around 1600*..

Ummmm at 1300 your aluminum heads start melting :blowup

i hate when people ask that ?..LOL i was the one hanging out the window seeing i wanted the vid my brother thought i should be the one doing the stupid work and let him drive..it was really hot,around 1600*..
Sorry, was just kinda curious at how high they were... :drink
Sorry, was just kinda curious at how high they were... :drink
thats quite allright,i think it's funny that thats the first question most guys ask..
Ummmm at 1300 your aluminum heads start melting :blowup
i guess the gauge could be off,but thats what it read...
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.