Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an edge juice with the attitude hooked up to my 05 Sierra for about a year now. On two occaisions, both times on level 1 turning right on to a flat highway merge lane from a slow creep, soon after I put the hammer down, I got a couple of upshifts and then no power at all. I had to pull over, shut down , count to ten then carry on as if nothing had happened. Full power returned and the truck flew! Did I limp me tranny? or is this something I must live with? I was set to defuel all unlocked shifts and lowest soot setting. Anybody out there who can enlighten me on the topic? I would be grateful.

Timu
'05 Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab
Juice&attitude
4'' Flo Pro exhaust from the downpipe back.
MAC intake

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
did you get a shift range inhibited on your DIC (if you have one) or a check engine light? When is the last time you changed your fuel filter? I would start there first.

·
Registered
527 Posts
also i would run it on low boost 2 or 3.

i don't see it being a tranny issue, seeing how it happened after the fact.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice.

I will certainly check the filter as now I remewmber gettin some bad diesel out in the thules somewhere just before this and the truck was running poorly till the next fuel up. I will also check the boost setting, as I am geting better #'s than stock with just a guage.:fart

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
my truck used to do that a lot, but knock on wood, it has been a while. i know guys without chips at all who's trucks do that. its a shift between 3-4 and something goes haywire. ONLY under wide-open throttle. I don't think its an edge issue, but i change my fuel filter every time i change my oil, and i have also heard that the non-gm/isuzu filters are not a good idea either. I know that the performance can dramatically change form one tank to another as the injection pumps seem very sensitive to nasty fuel. Keep the filter changed and make sure the de-fuel is turned ON in your edge settings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again

Yep, it seems that i may have been trying to get more miles from my filter than I was supposed to. I have changed it out and now will await spring thaw before I go on a Lightning or Rumble bee hunt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts