Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. A buddy told me, "Real men don't use sparkplugs". Well, I couldn't let that go.... So... Purchased my first diesel last week. 2003 ext cab, only 20,000mi, and I love it. This thing is a beast. I don't think I'll ever need more truck. Looking forward to gaining some knowledge, for my MAX.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
:welcome to the forum and congrats on the new toy,i agree they are a beasts when stock but with a programmer and exhaust they are simply amazing...if you have any questions on your duramax just holler:help and some one will:help ..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, TYREBOYZ talk to me. I am interested in a chip and exhaust. I was looking at the Super Chips, Flashpaq. I know nothing about what exhaust to get. First Diesel ya know? I'm not loaded with money so I'm I can't be spending $1000.00 for exhaust.

Thanks

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i would recommend the 4" T/B silverline exhausts and a ppe programmer or the diablo sport tuner and your total is roughly $800 to $1000 for everthing depending witch tuner or exhaust you go with..one word of caution don't add more then 90hp with the programmer with the stock tranny..
pm some of the sponsors on this site and if these guys can't help you witch i doubt that would happen you can pm me for prices..the one guy i know and have bought from before is Diesel Nut Motorsports also know as dieselnut(Jason)good luck and keep us posted on your choices..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on. Thanks. I guess I am still so new to the Beast that I question in my mind, Why would I need 90hp more. Ha. A Man Car could always use more HP Huh? So many mods, and upgrades, I feel like a kid in a candy store. I've been readin posts from KAT. I am amazed at what you can do with a diesel nowadays. My dad had a 80 something Buick diesel, and it was a turd. Been leary of them ever since. Always thought they were for big rigs only. When I was in Afganistan:ar15 , every vehicle there was diesel. Even Toyota minivans. That's when I knew it was time for one.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
thankyou for your service to this country..yes there are alot of options avalible but like anything else they are those products that i wouldn't run on my diesel for starters the banks and bully dog products..good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask and remember we don't believe that there are stupid questions..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Having more fun than I can shake a stick at. And I haven't bought anything yet...:help I'm supposed to be working and I'm on this forum all day. Well,,, not all day. I think I'll go with an exhaust for starters. Can anyone tell me (A-10 jet mechanic). Are they difficult to install on you own? Is it better to have it done? I tried to get on Diesel Nuts web site but it was not coming up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts