Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there new friends.

I bought our new 2019 2500HD Z71 about a month ago. I have been lurking in the shadows reading up on the L5P and various other items. Sounds like a pretty solid forum here. I was very active back in the days of S10Forum, when mini trucks where, well mini trucks.

Don't let the Username fool you. The good Lord and my beautiful wife blessed me with three boys, two of which are fraternal twins, hence the triple trouble. Kinda our saying while we are out camping in our 28' bumper pull camper. Hoping to upgrade to a Grand Design 312BHTS in the next year or two.

The truck only has 1,800 miles on it and I absolutely love the ease this thing tows our camper. I came from a 2017 Chevy 1500 Z71, and while it could pull our camper it made me wish for more when we pulled the camper into any parts of the Appalachian Mountains.

I use Diesel Kleen about every other tank and try to get fuel at one of the truck stops for the higher biodiesel rating. Other then that I just drive it. I worry kinda about the DPF stuff, and I know some are going to sound like sea gulls and say "delete, delete, delete" But I plan on keeping this truck for the most part stock. Though I did order a Banks air intake already. And hopefully get the Derringer in the next couple months. I had ordered the pedal commander but they sent the wrong one, maybe I'll try another once we get back from our Cherokee trip.

Chris, Julie, Lucas, Landon and Logan all say hello!

Reactions: Black HD

·
Registered
4 Posts
From Olive Branch Ms.

I did the delete on my 2013 Silverado as Ms. has no emissions testing. While it added a lot more power and better fuel efficiency. My engine only lasted 18 months and I blew a one inch hole in cylinder #5. It's not all bad news because now I have the truck of my dreams (a jacked 2019 LTZ Z71 Duramax) and I can tell you this truck drives like my 2013 after delete. So I will not be messing with this one. Just my advice.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Badazz, Yeah i really don't wanna mess with internals. Maybe just do bolt on stuff once i figure out my dealership as far as aftermarket stuff. I wanna keep the dependability up for towing and traveling. The power coming from a what I thought was respectable 5.3 to this Duramax still makes me smile.

Sounds like your from MS too. Have you ever had MDOT stop you and check your fuel tank and to see if your running with emissions still? I was coming down from Memphis area to Baton Rouge for work and just south of Jackson I was stopped by MDOT and he checked my fuel tank and looked under the truck for emissions. Really odd since I just bought it. I am sure he stopped me for the 7 day tag, but I have the paperwork for my B-20 weighted tag, which comes from the state. Was a first for me.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, how long does it take to get the premium tag and less advertising on this forum?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two years ago I did a Project in Baton Rouge and traveled home to O.B. every weekend running down 55 and never once was stopped even blowing black smoke. That's really strange that they pulled you over.
I will tell you the reason I deleted my 2013 Duramax had to do with the heaters on the DPF system the first one went and believe it or not I had exactly 31 miles left on my extended warranty on the DPF system.
The bill was $2,200.00 but Chevy covered it. I was like whew dodged a bullet .... Not so fast three months later the second one went and warranty was over faced with another $2,200 dollar bill and know a third heater was most likely gonna go soon after making the likely hood that I'd be dishing out $4,400.00. I decided to delete the entire system for $1,700 this included a programmer and cold air intake. So at this point I am doing research on the best way to make the DEF system last as long as possible. Great to meet you by the way!!

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome from North Alabama.

When are you going to Cherokee? We will be camping in our travel trailer 5 miles away at Whittier 10/22-29.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

We will be in Cherokee this coming weekend actually. Nice truck, mine is the same color. This will be our first long haul, 8 hrs, with the new truck. We hauled our camper to Enid lake couple weekends ago and the truck didn't know it was was there. It's a 28' bumper pull and its nice having more truck to haul it. It weighs in once loaded right at 8,000 lbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts