Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! This isn't my first post but I figured I'd introduce myself since I joined yesterday. I've always had Cummins and have been all over those forums but I've always wanted a Duramax. Well, my 12 valve burned in the wildfires here in Bastrop County, so now I have a chance to get a Duramax! Turning a bad thing into good, or trying to. I went and looked at an LB7 but it was pretty much trashed. I can't wait to find a clean, or decent truck! If anyone knows anyone in Texas or nearby with one for sale let me know! Looking to spend 14k. Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here! I've already learened a lot in one day!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I can't post in the for sale section or see any pics. Do I need a certain amount of posts?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
Welcome Aboard. Keep an eye out around Houston. There is a guy on eBay that sells some clean rigs pretty cheap

·
Hey Ass Man!
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Welcome and you need at least 25 posts to post in the for sale section. Good luck finding a dmax you'll be happy your cummins is gone lol

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tanks for the welcomes! I just found a real clean 04.5 lly for cheap that I think I may get. I got the bug bad now!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Like Johnasara said, Look in Houston or even Tomball, there are a ton of clean rigs around here (houston area) and they can be had pretty reasonably, granted mine was no show queen but she was a purpose used 02 CC/SB with failed injectors and I picked her up for 6200

deals can be had bro

Welcome to DF

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I pulled the trigger and bought an '04 GMC Duramax 4x4 4dr short bed dark grey! It's even got heated leather seats with 164k! I just can't figure out if it's an LB7 or LLY. Is there a character in the VIN number I can check that'll tell me? I don't have enough posts for a post in the VIN section yet. I'm loving this Duramax tho! EFI Live and Transgo...here I come!! Heres a picture. Also heres a picture of the old 12 valve with my 21' Sea Ray ski boat with a 350 hooked to the bumper.

·
Registered
772 Posts
welcome from midland, sorry to hear about your cummins! Your here now so thats a hood thing :) and the truck looks really good!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!! I can't get over how much I love this Dmax!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More pics of the D-Max

Lily Bug wanting to drive the D-Max

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
What is the 8th character in your VIN?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 8th character is a 2

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks!! Are there any Central Texas meets ever?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Here you go

Q. How do I know if my truck is an LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM?
A. 8th Vin #1-LB7
8th Vin #2-04.5-05 LLY
8th Vin #2-06 LLY 10th digit is a 6
8th vin #D-LBZ
8th vin #6-LMM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts