Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I feel very privileged to finally be a part of the duramax family. i have been browsing the forums for the past few years for my dad who has a 2005 Max. I just ordered my 2012 Duramax last thursday after having to return my 2011 because of defects. I am very excited for it. I want to thank you all in advance for your help.

:)

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And nice avatar haha. I first thought I had posted something in my sleep.

- Adam

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum! And nice avatar haha. I first thought I had posted something in my sleep.

- Adam
Ha ha! I found it on google. It must be a good one. :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
805 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Good morning Zach !

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome to DF

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome to DF. What kind of things were wrong with your 11 that you had to return it?

If I can ever be of assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
If I had to guess, turbo under-boost code and DEF low warnings. Of course, those issues are fixed now, but hey if he got a good Lemon Law buy-back and they sold him a '12 at the price of his '11 then good for him!

-TJ

·
Registered
678 Posts
Welcome from another Bay Area guy! There is a Bay Area Truck Night thread: http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/southwest-events/67535-bay-area-truck-night.html but I'm not sure if they are still doing the events.

-TJ

Thanks for pitching my Truck night TJ ... have I ever seen you at one ??? ... I just updated the Facebook page and am holding a Poll to see if we should cancel Truck nights thru the winter months since people dont really show up and bring it back in the Spring ...

Please vote and add you 2 cents.

Northern California Truck Meet | Facebook

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for pitching my Truck night TJ ... have I ever seen you at one ??? ... I just updated the Facebook page and am holding a Poll to see if we should cancel Truck nights thru the winter months since people dont really show up and bring it back in the Spring ...

ill definitely come when i actually get my truck lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I had to guess, turbo under-boost code and DEF low warnings. Of course, those issues are fixed now, but hey if he got a good Lemon Law buy-back and they sold him a '12 at the price of his '11 then good for him!

-TJ
My 2011 was in and out of the dealer 10 different times since I bought it in late July. I just went a few days ago to sign it over to them and get all my money back. The service traction control, service stabilitrak, and service abs lights wouldn't go off. The truck was lifted from the dealer (4 wheel parts/dsi) they said they would need it another month to try and fix it. I basically told them that I want a new truck that wasn't lifted. - I'll take care of the lift later from Nor-Cal Nick at NorCalTruck Truck in Livermore, CA. Not to count the other handful of issues it had. Like needing a new bumper, new seat, new tail gate cables, new instrument cluster, new brake master cylinder(I think)

·
Registered
385 Posts

I happened to be at In & Out in Pleasanton one night when you guys were having the meet, before I knew about it. I was with my buddy in his 980RWP Silver C6 Z06. I haven't been out to once since I got my truck though.

BTW, I voted for putting it on hold and bringing it back in the spring. I think you'll get a nice strong turnout when you bring it back that way, rather than having sparsely attended events all winter that sort of discourage folks from coming. FWIW I'm pretty much traveling all of Oct, Nov and Dec so I couldn't attend 'til Jan at the earliest.

My 2011 was in and out of the dealer 10 different times since I bought it in late July. I just went a few days ago to sign it over to them and get all my money back. The service traction control, service stabilitrak, and service abs lights wouldn't go off. The truck was lifted from the dealer (4 wheel parts/dsi) they said they would need it another month to try and fix it. I basically told them that I want a new truck that wasn't lifted. - I'll take care of the lift later from Nor-Cal Nick at NorCalTruck Truck in Livermore, CA. Not to count the other handful of issues it had. Like needing a new bumper, new seat, new tail gate cables, new instrument cluster, new brake master cylinder(I think)
Wow, sorry to hear you had so many issues! That's the first I've heard of for almost all of those problems with a LML! It sounds like the dealer really F'ed up the lift install and created other problems in the process.

You'll be super SUPER happy just taking your truck to Norcal Nick. Their work and customer service is second to none! :gearjamin

-TJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts