Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am obviously new to this website and would like some help. I have a '02 Duramax/Allison and I am looking to improve my mpg. Right now I am getting 16.5 combined city/highway and 18 straight highway.

I would like to buy a programmer, and I am more concerned with getting better mileage than anything. Is there a programmer that yall would recommend to improve my mpg?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. that is good? i always wondered why i didn't get better mileage. dang it!

so, 1-2mpg increase? i will have to check it out.

does anyone else have any first hand knowledge on a good programmer that will increase gas mileage?

thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good information. Thank you very much.

My numbers are hand calculated, and my tires are stock. This would be the first time I did anything to my truck.

What sites do you recommend using for finding good deals on programmers? The best I have found so far is on Lagunaspeed.com

On another note. I went for a ride in a friends stock '07 Duramax yesterday. Wow, that is a fast truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.