Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GMC 3500 DENALI DUALLY
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big hello to everyone from Michigan!
Just joined after reading some of the great info on here over the past couple weeks.
I have a new GMC 3500 coming, its my first diesel and first gm truck. I know nothing about these trucks, and I
honestly only got it cause it was the only truck I could get true employee pricing and with out any extra fees, so I'm
here and trying to learn as much as I can about them. Any advice, suggestions and tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
KASTLROCK

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Reactions: kastlrock

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Reactions: kastlrock

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2500 ordered...but im having 2nd thoughts to be honest. The littany of problems and horror stories for the LP5 is terrifying. Many many folks are taking trucks back to the dealership with less than 500 miles on them for major issues. Only to finally get the truck back after a month and have the exact same issues. Its like 3 out of 5 will have issues within the first month. 4 out of 5 within 36k miles. Transmission, injectors, CEL for various issues, DEF issues, the list goes on and on. I am seriously considering eating the 1k deposit i just put down on my AT4 2500. Dont wanna be a debby downer on yours, im gutted too. But ide rather help someone else be informed, as no one informed me until I started really digging. Go to the LP5 drivetrain forum here, all it is, is rows and rows and rows of horror stories and issues. Like full on Lemon level issues.

·
Registered
2022 GMC 3500 DENALI DUALLY
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2500 ordered...but im having 2nd thoughts to be honest. The littany of problems and horror stories for the LP5 is terrifying. Many many folks are taking trucks back to the dealership with less than 500 miles on them for major issues. Only to finally get the truck back after a month and have the exact same issues. Its like 3 out of 5 will have issues within the first month. 4 out of 5 within 36k miles. Transmission, injectors, CEL for various issues, DEF issues, the list goes on and on. I am seriously considering eating the 1k deposit i just put down on my AT4 2500. Dont wanna be a debby downer on yours, im gutted too. But ide rather help someone else be informed, as no one informed me until I started really digging. Go to the LP5 drivetrain forum here, all it is, is rows and rows and rows of horror stories and issues. Like full on Lemon level issues.
I have mixed emotions about it, I do have a f350 on order as well with a eta of January - February, if this new gmc has issues, I think I can easily unload it with what I'm paying for it. I'm getting denali dually and its the same price as the ford xlt dually I have on order. These are some really weird times and I just need a truck at this point.

·
Registered
2021 Silverado 2500HD LTZ L5P
80 Posts
I absolutely love my 2021 2500 dmax . you can't name a vehicle from any point in time all the way back to Roman chariot days where someone did not have an issue of the major variety.

there are hundreds of thousands of these trucks out there but only ones you hear about are from the unlucky few.

·
Registered
2019 3500 SRW
143 Posts
I wouldn’t sweat the issues you read about online. The issues are real. Especially to those they happen to, but compared to the number of trucks on the road, they’re few and far between. I’ve got 30K on my L5P currently. 1/2 towing. 1/2 daily driving around town. Only issue has been a computer that doesn’t display anything but DEF “OK” and “I’m going to reduce power if you don’t get DEF now. Nothing in between. I just top it off every 1K when towing to keep it happy. With the new trucks you’ll at least have a gauge. Enjoy the new ride. I’d buy another based on my experience thus far.

I used to be into motorcycles. BMW in particular. If I put too much weight on all I read there, I’d be afraid to get more than 2 miles from the house. It was fine though. Lots of fun trips states away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts