Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined here tonight, kinda quiet here, how about a mileage survey? lets hear the big mileage stories..............03' 54K, no major issues, front axle seal 51K, intermediate steering shaft(the mysterysteering clunk)25K,I'm running stock for now(small plans for big D to set her up for a good towing truck), I run 265's with the front cranked up about 1.5 inches,I just started running B-20( held off for now for cold weather),I tow a 27' travel trailer, only thing cool about the truck are the dual rear headrest dvd's for the real Brennan monster..................

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Brennan! No plans to chip your truck or anything?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there is life!!!!, yea, I'm having some lack-o-funds probs right now,my wife says I'm just atight azz....here goes, first, I'm gonna do Billsteins all around, then superlift air bags for the rear,Isspro pyro/boost(possibly fuel if I do lift pump), exhaust,intake, secondary fuel filter and lift pump, and oh yeah Edge A/J combo for the fun of it..I'm really goin for the awesome camper towin truck here can you tell? CORRECTION:I need to do a tranny flush with some Transynd and add a deep pan first.Do't really want a massive h/p truck just efficient and smoothridin':thumbsup

·
Registered
23 Posts
Brennan,

Way to go buddy! I think you're right on the mark. These trucks make great haulers. Both at towing and passing everybody on the highway. I know how you feel about having a good tow vehicle that gets decent mileage either as an everyday driver or as a tow vehicle. There really is a happy medium... it's called DuraMax!

But...If you ever wanted, and had the funds, you could make one of the baddest rock crawlers, or mudders, or competition pullers. Last Sunday on Xtreme 4x4 Ian and Jesse got the DuraMax engine back from Gale Banks Engineering after some modifications, assembled it and put it on the dyno. The first run it made over 750 hp and 1,300 lb/ft torque! I can't wait to see their Suburban Gorilla haul! Read about it at http://www.xtreme4x4tv.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts