Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im not new to this site but new with this name. some of you may know me by my former forum name. "BullyDogJason" Well i no longer work for BD and now work for Alligator.

might of seen my truck in this months issue of Diesel world as well.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome again!!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Welcome.....back.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Well I want a cool job resume like yours welcome back!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome back

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
i guess the glaze and wax just covered them up.. as the truck is getting dirty they are coming back :(
You will have to take it to a professional and have it buffed. If you wax it every other time you wash it they will stay pretty well "hidden" but never go away. Been there buddy... It sucks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You will have to take it to a professional and have it buffed. If you wax it every other time you wash it they will stay pretty well "hidden" but never go away. Been there buddy... It sucks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
ugh that sucks... i was always scared to have the truck buffed and this is why.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
i guess the glaze and wax just covered them up.. as the truck is getting dirty they are coming back :(
Same happened to my new LMM. Took it to a guy here in town who used a patented product made by 3M and it got rid of em. It's been a few washes/weeks and they haven't came back. He said a regular wax job will just cover em up for a wash or two. I'll try to find out what he used...........

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Ok, just got off the phone with him. Stuff is called 3M swirl eliminator (creative name right?) Said a big bottle of it is like $30 and it'll be more than enough to do your truck. He also said you'd need experience with a foam polish pad which can also be purchased through 3M. Maybe find a detail shop in your area that knows what this stuff is?

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
did he say you have to buff it with the foam pad.. or can i do it by hand.. i dont think ill ever let a buffer get near the paint again!

and your right.. im very much not new to the forums.. but new to being holtons bitch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts