Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the diesel world I have a duramax smoking at idle pretty sure it needs injectors how long does it take to change them thanks for any help

·
Registered
352 Posts
hey welcome, basically I think its the same on the dmax, but you have to pull the valve covers pull one of the rockers then unplug the injuster pull it out, thats just a rough over veiw

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

I have one more question does anyone know if there is any type of sled pull near ark.thanks agian for input

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
What year and engine your d-max is makes a world of difference when it comes to injectors, is it an lly(04.5 and 05) or an lb7( up to 04.5)!

Caleb

·
3,163 Posts
Yeah the lb7 are much harder than the llys if its an lb7 the8th digit of the vin# will be a 1 or for lly it will be a 2

LB7s require the valve cover be removed:( , LLYS dont:) !

Good Luck
Caleb

·
3,163 Posts
How many miles are on your truck? the injectors have a longer warrenty than everything else!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
05_LLY said:
How many miles are on your truck? the injectors have a longer warrenty than everything else!!
the truck has 207000 they said there is no grace period at this point so now it time get the big money out just bought truck with this problem

·
3,163 Posts
That stinks, but no shame in 207k miles either!!! HOpe you get it up and running ok!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
05_LLY said:
That stinks, but no shame in 207k miles either!!! HOpe you get it up and running ok!

Later
Caleb
got new injectors in took about 4 to 5 hours but it was a first running good no more smoke thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts