Smoke switch lol

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
You shoulda had smoke with the efi

·
Registered
687 Posts
You have EFI? It's not in your signature. I'm no tuner, but I know you can program EFI to blow black smoke. You just have to know the right parameters to change. Get with your tuner and they should be able to set you up. That is, of course, unless you ARE your own tuner.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
ohh I had lots o' smoke with EFI... had to take it off for other reasons. I got addicted... now I'm looking for another way to get it back.
I thought about a switch, but I'd rather have it smoke on acceleration than by switch. I just don't see myself using the switch very often.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Why'd you get rid of EFI If you don't mind me askin?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Why'd you get rid of EFI If you don't mind me askin?
Loved, loved the tune but didn't trust the guy who held my stock tune. He's one of those guys that likes to fuck people over. I still have warranty on my vehicle and want to be able to take the tune off if need be.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I gotcha. Yeah it's best you did. But you should talk to some of the guys like rob who work with efi and he'll set ya up with some good tunes. But not just rob does it. Alot of guys work with it and awesome tuners on here.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I gotcha. Yeah it's best you did. But you should talk to some of the guys like rob who work with efi and he'll set ya up with some good tunes
I've read a lot about the EFI tuners on here... how do I go about finding one locally?? Although... I spent a ton of money on the Edge (which I hated) then on this PPE... maybe I need to just stick with it for a while!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It gets really expensive and becomes addictive but I'm not from your way so idk anyone but I'm sure others do.

·
Registered
687 Posts
ohh I had lots o' smoke with EFI... had to take it off for other reasons. I got addicted... now I'm looking for another way to get it back.
I thought about a switch, but I'd rather have it smoke on acceleration than by switch. I just don't see myself using the switch very often.
I may be wrong (I'm absolutely no tuner), but I would think that one of the tuners here could build your tune(s) that would produce your smoke at WOT. Since our skinny pedals are connected to potentiometers (sp?), I would think that WOT would be a setting that could be captured for EFI. Then you would have your smoke only when you put the pedal to the metal.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I may be wrong (I'm absolutely no tuner), but I would think that one of the tuners here could build your tune(s) that would produce your smoke at WOT. Since our skinny pedals are connected to potentiometers (sp?), I would think that WOT would be a setting that could be captured for EFI. Then you would have your smoke only when you put the pedal to the metal.
Yea, EFI can pretty much do anything. In addition to the added horse power, the guy actually created a smoke tune for me (not sure how all that works, I'm assuming just dumping a ton of unburned fuel to the motor) It rolled smoke like crazy. Especially at higher speeds. Sure do miss it... lol

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Your safer now lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
EFI Live can make you Roll Coal. However there is more to change than just dumping a bunch of fuel, and smoke tunes can be very harmful to your truck. You wont find very many "Established" EFI Live Tuners to do this for you. Yes EFI Live can make your truck do just about anything. However its true potential over other "Cookie Cutter" Tuners, (PPE,Edge,Diablo, Etc, Etc,) is refinement. Just my two cens!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
The one limp was enough to scare me and make me realize that the EFI tune I had was amazing but definitely not safe for the truck. PPE is a decent tune for lower speeds, I'm not happy with it after about 60 mph though.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Im still running a stock ally 5 speed with EFI Live And DSP 5 switch. I have a few high horsepower tunes one being +198 hp. Keep my foot out of it in 4th and 5th and no problems..."Yet" Like I said before the refinement my EFI Live tuner makes with his tunes is on the banks of unbelievable. I have never had a vehicle shift so smooth in my life. Literally you hear the exhaust tone change but no physical feeling of shift in the truck. A good EFI LIve tune is worth Gold in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
first of all, welcome MS.TAMMY, you seem like a "package deal"! nice truck.

Im still running a stock ally 5 speed with EFI Live And DSP 5 switch. I have a few high horsepower tunes one being +198 hp. Keep my foot out of it in 4th and 5th and no problems..."Yet" Like I said before the refinement my EFI Live tuner makes with his tunes is on the banks of unbelievable. I have never had a vehicle shift so smooth in my life. Literally you hear the exhaust tone change but no physical feeling of shift in the truck. A good EFI LIve tune is worth Gold in my opinion.

this with no trans mod?

141 - 156 of 156 Posts