Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to everyone.. I jut got married and the wife wants a new duramax but I want a cummins lol.. but she wins since I am about to go to iraq for a year or longer( active duty infantry) and she will be driving it.. we are looking to get a 04 or newer duramax... so hopefully this site can be a help.

·
Administrator / Web Servant
100 Posts
Welcome to the site! Thank you for serving in Iraq, we are honored to have you here.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Welcome, We will all help if we can, so any questions please post them up!!

And again thanx for your service, and be safe over there!

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a ex-army (air cav 1st/18th) I welcome you and would like to say thanks for your service. For anyone that does not know Infantry is the worst living conditions and the worst food and the hardest job, but those hard core men re-up for the job knowing it and loveing it, again thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luvrv8,
how long were you in?? I just re-enlisted for another 5 years, been in 3.. I been through RANGER school, airborne,sniper, and EMT. you right about the infantry, it is the worst living conditions,food and job but DAMN I LOVE IT!!

So now for the question, the main thing is what kinda MPG do you get with the duramax?? what are some of the common issues they have and are they easy to fix??

On more thing, for all of you that support what I do for a living thank you!!! I always tell people if they dont support the war atleast support the men and women that are serving the country!

·
Registered
29 Posts
agin thanks for the sevice and be safe, but i have owned 2, a2004.5 and a 2007 classic. the only thing that i had a problem with my 04.5 was the steering shaft had a rattle. i did not matter what they did it rattled. my 07 the only thing i have had a problem with is the egr.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was active for 3 years, Ca National Guard for 5. I went to the first Iraq war and worse yet the L.A. riots. Damn scumbags in our own country takeing pot shots at our helicopters. I was a triple winger (crew chief wings, air assult and airborn) not quite bad enough for Ranger school so I was a fly boy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well everyone we got a smoking deal on a 06 3500 dodge so we bought it.. but thanks to everyone who answered my questions. i wll check in from time to time to say hi..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts