Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is mark I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 hd with the lb7 the truck has 253000k on it I was pulling my camper to rual hall NC from Stafford VA I made it as far as Staunton Virginia I pulled into the loves to fill up topped it off started the truck had a hard time getting it started after it finally started I pulled the truck maybe 10' and it shut off and would not start again I had it hauled to the nearest Chevrolet dealership Charlie obaugh Chevrolet the informed me it was my fule lines they were clogged well the put new fule lines on at the tune off 1100 dollars supply return everything they go to test drive it and it falls flat on its face on them so the claim it's the cp3 pump which they have one in stock a GM part for 1600 dollars I thought it was a bit much so I ordered a bostec off of Xtreme Diesel for half the price after a 250 dollar core so I overnight the part it takes they 11 days after receiving the part to get it put on the day that they guaranteed me I could pick up the truck they send me a text when I'm 58 minutes out which is a 3 hour drive for me and tell me the truck has no power they can run it in the bay all day long and everything reads like the trucks fine but as soon as they physically drive the truck if falls flat on its face and shuts off this is going on for weeks now they've had the truck they told me the part that I got from Xtreme Diesel was bad so I contacted Xtreme Diesel they sent me a new part they installed the new part the CP3 pump and the truck still doesn't run right and has no power so they're going back through and checking all the fuel lines again for the second time and they can't seem to tell me what's wrong with the truck they can't figure it out they're checking the whole supply-side of the fuel system now which is all new the installed that first service tech said they can they run it in the bay all day on the computer everything is absolutely fine but as soon as they drive it and falls on its face is there anybody out there maybe give me an idea what may be going on because this is like I said this is 4 weeks and I still do not have my truck back

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hard to read . BUT the TechII at the dealership should be able to point them in the right direction .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts