Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
help! my 2005 Duramax has been running fine with no issues. i put 260 miles on yesterday pulling my little car trailer to get insulation for my new shop. went to start it this morning to go to work and it idles about 500 RPM, knocks and shakes and has no throttle response with the MIL lit. All seems to be normal according to the gages. have had no issuse until now, about 165,000 miles. I don't have a way to read diagnostic codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont have any mods on the engine either.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
One common problem with the 04.5 and 05 LLY engine is the FICM wire harness. --

It is secured at the side of the alternator with a Zip tie. Cut the tie and pull the wires out. Inspect carefully. Be sure you insulate the harness from the bracket, as the whole problem is the FICM bracket has a sharp edge and cuts into the wires.

If you have a "Check Engine" light-- you may have an loose injector connector-- that can be identified by the codes-- P0202-- [Driver side front] and P0207-- [Passenger side rear] There may be other codes-- but look for them first. Post the codes-!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, i don't have a code reader and my little town doesn't have a place that will check codes for free. I am going to purchase a code reader and check out the injector connectors as well as the ficm harness issue. if those don't fix it, i will post codes.

·
Premium Member
26,482 Posts
Reactions: WskyRun

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm having same problems on a 2004 lly. I changed the coil plugs on the #2 & #7 cylinders. Engine ran fine but light stayed on. Next day light went off truck ran fine for 2 days then started acting up again. Last 2 days truck run fine but after about 5-10 minutes on road power loss and sounds like a tractor again.

Codes coming up are P0102, 0203, 0205, 0207, 0208, 0300, 0303, 0303, 0305, 0308, 2146, 2149.

Any advice on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.