Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 LML that just turned 25 K and just as I was about 100 miles over 25,000 my DIC lit up and indicated that I needed to service my 4wd system, traction control, and stabiltrac all at once. What could this be and is it a quick fix? Also you may want to know my brother had a late '09 LMM that turned 26 k about three months ago where the trany froze up after running with the idiot lights on for a week and the DIC showed the same message to him.

My question is, did they not change the tranny at all for 2011 and i would be having the same problem as he did with his '09

·
Registered
244 Posts
The simple and obvious fix is to take it in for warranty. Its probably some sort of relay or electrical glitch. These trannies are the best on the market and am sure it isn't anything serious. But if it is then the that is what warranty is for.

From what I understand is the the 2011 tranny has has a few upgrades to handle the extra power the new engines make. There probably isn't a whole lot of difference.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have a 2011 LML that just turned 25 K and just as I was about 100 miles over 25,000 my DIC lit up and indicated that I needed to service my 4wd system, traction control, and stabiltrac all at once. What could this be and is it a quick fix? Also you may want to know my brother had a late '09 LMM that turned 26 k about three months ago where the trany froze up after running with the idiot lights on for a week and the DIC showed the same message to him.

My question is, did they not change the tranny at all for 2011 and i would be having the same problem as he did with his '09
Could be as simple as ablown fuse. Bigger tires can cause this message on the 2011.
Find it hard to believe your brother had the same message when the 2009 does not have Stabilitrac or traction control.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Dear D-maxandal08,

I have read you post about your warning lights coming on in your truck. Since I am not a technician at the dealership, I cannot provide you with specific diagnostic details of what is causing them to come on. However, I would have to agree with sparky660, to get the vehicle into the dealership for diagnosis. This should be something that is covered under your new vehicle warranty, but diagnosis needs to be made first.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
6,122 Posts

The '09 did not have traction control or stabilitrac...
Yes there are changes for 2011+
Get it to a dealer -- the computer should be able to tell you what is wrong. I'm betting a speed sensor issue.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have an 09 with traction control....

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have an 09 with traction control....
Must be a half ton, neighbor has a 2009 3500 DMAX, no traction control or stability control, this was new for 2011 on the HD trucks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Must be a half ton, neighbor has a 2009 3500 DMAX, no traction control or stability control, this was new for 2011 on the HD trucks.
This may be dumb...but am I wrong in thinking that I have an 09 2500 LMM 3/4 ton truck? Thought that it was. There's a traction control button on the inside that I can turn on and off, am I wrong here?

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
You will have a Tow/Haul button on the end of the gearshift.

T/C button (and exhaust brake, and pedal fore/aft if equipped) are in a row at the bottom of the centre consol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You will have a Tow/Haul button on the end of the gearshift.

T/C button (and exhaust brake, and pedal fore/aft if equipped) are in a row at the bottom of the centre consol.
yes...that's where they are. Point being that there's traction control there.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
yes...that's where they are. Point being that there's traction control there.
Egg on my face.

I wonder then if there was a change in the feature availability or if it was all a dream?
:eek:
(I looked on the GM online truck 'comparison' site and it shows included on some '10 modles, but N/A on others?)

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
^^^^^^^^ Michelle is back!!! Hope everything is ok for you now Michelle.
To reply to the disagreement in this thread.....My 1/2 ton work truck is an 09, it has the button by the 12V plugs that is for the tractrion control/stabilitrac.
We don't have any other 09 GM trucks, we bought Furds for some reason( in 09') and will not buy them again.
Our 2011 3/4 ton/ 1 ton GMC's do have the stabilitrac/traction button. I didn't think they put that option on trucks prior to 2010 or 11' on the HD trucks. Pretty sure it was made a law that they had to be on all vehicles by 2011' or am i just dreaming???
But it makes complete sense that they put it on my torquemonster 4.8L half ton for 09'.:cookoo[1]:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts