Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im leaning more towards the fact that its an installation problem, but i need some assistance....I installed the blocks and keys and thought everything was great, until i looked underneath to check it out after a few months, and it tore up the inside wall of my tires! I quickly found out its rubbing on my upper control arm, when i turn to a certain point....whats going on here? I havent had an alignment done, im thinking that would help, but i want advise before i get one done. Also the CV axles are at a pretty nasty looking angle, is that ok as is? Probably some noob questions, but i need help!
Thanks, Casey

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
cv angles are going to be nastier with a leveling kit, just the way it works when you crank on the torsion bars/keys. exactly how nasty is nasty? post up some pics if you're that worried about them. And with them at an angle, as long as you don't go crazy mudding in it or do any 4x4 launches you should be okay for street driving, it will just wear out your front end parts quicker, especially since you don't have any bracing/beefed up parts in the front end.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm its making me think about just taking it out....i dont NEED it, but it sits nice....ugh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts